Eustachian Tube Dysfunction - Over 6 Months

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was diagnosed with Eustachian Tube Dysfunction in October and after a few months of being told to see how it goes I was given Flixonase nasal drops for 6 weeks. Unfortunately, this hasn't solved the problem.

I've been told grommets are only funded in exceptional cases and you need to have hearing loss. I recently had my hearing checked at Specsavers and everything is normal. The doctor has referred me to an NHS audiologist for a hearing test to confirm this but I know everything will come back fine. 

The doctor said the only other option was to go private - this is something I definitely cannot afford and I do not get private medical cover as an option where I work.

Really, I'm just looking for some advice on anything else anyone else has tried that I haven't that may work as I feel at a loss at the moment. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Also just wanted to add that it came on with nothing obvious such as a really bad cold or after air travel. The only thing I can think that could have caused it is stress (I am no longer in that stressful situation)?  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.