Eustachian Tubes blocked for almost three months

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi - Ive posted a number of times about the above. Ive tried everything natural that people kindly suggested along with Nasal sprays (3rd bottle now) antibiotics, serc, nasal rinse etc., etc., but while there seems to be a little movement in both ears they still wont unblock and if i forget and turn my head quickly I get dizzy, then i feel hot, sick etc., then i seem to spend the rest of the day waiting or afraid it will happen again, if you know what i mean. now I have a sore throat to add to the party! my inner ears happened in July when i took flights with a sinus infection. now ive an appointment tomorrow afternoon to see what else can i do, they do, anyone any suggestions on what I should ask or look for... at my wits end with this, not living, just trying to get through each day and im tired in mind and body. thank you in advance.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

An ENT should check you out before any therapies from this blog. The last doctor said virtually nothing to address my ETD, except

for the balloon surgery. He states ETD shows up after an infection. I addressed your problem in a prior post. first: oral decongestant ( sprays/drops make things worse unless you know what you are doing)

Again, follow doctor Mandell on youtube treatment for tinnitus , been working for me.

Read my prior threads please.

• Posted

I had a very hard time getting my ENT to take my concerns seriously... in fact I had to go to my primary care doctor and have her write me a referral so the next time I saw my ENT, he would know something was really wrong. nasal sprays I found did NOT work for me, in fact it made it worse and way more painful?? after 2.5 years of suffering my ENT decided we should put PE tubes in, and although they havent 100% cured my ear (my left ear is "cured" with them but my right ear is my "bad" one and still suffering some days.) I would suggest PE tubes if you can afford it. give yourself a few days to heal, as it took my right ear a full week to be able to hear properly again. it's so hard because there truly is no cure 😦 I hope you find something that brings you relief ❤

• Posted

Thanks Paige.. its funny my right ear is worse than the left... nothing easy but all we can do is keep at it...have to say my heart goes out to you having it for two and a half years, im on month four and its driving me crazy. Glad you have got some ease. Take care and T'u.

• Posted

My ETD was more acute since colder weather has rolled in, when nasal rinse and exercises seem to fail. It cleared up after using an oral decongestant.,so I delved back into Youtube for more views. Doctor Mandell has posted some newer exercises which I immediately started with results. I have pets and that coupled with colder weather had affected my sinus/ ears. So ETD is a chronic condition and I have found is insidious! Last winter I walked the floors with that dreadful feeling in my ear! Now I have hope! Since Dr. Mandell there are more medical professionals on Youtube to glean information from, as well as home remedies from afflicted Youtubers, as well as this blog for us to share.

• Posted

Since my last post there has been some action on my part to address my latest bout of ETD symptoms. Since cold weather rolled in I have had a flareup, which did not respond to my tried and true therapies. Being a bit discouraged I went to Youtube to search, I found doctor Mandell and followed the exercises for the jaw and and stuffy ear been great! I recommend doctor Mandell's therapies and he has over one million subscribers.

There are other channels covering ETD as well Cheers!

motivationaldoc(youtube channel)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.