eustation tube dysfunction, and back of head pain please help :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, this is the first time for me posting here so please excuse me for any mistakes and bare up with me..

I'm a 23 year old male, I stareted experiencing weird symptoms that made me go crazy, done alot of tests which most of them came back negative, long story short my only two physical problems are, clicking sounds in both my ears whenever I eat or turn my head right or left, and i can actually make them click if I want to by turning my head, tinnitus is so severe that sometimes I can't hear what people are saying, and especially when I'm alone I can't focus on my studies it make me go crazy. My other physical symptom is a herniated disc in my neck region between c5-c6, my disc is is not touching any nerve next to the spinal cord, it's indenting the thecal sac, that means the protrusion is central, however good thing is the indentation is not too big..

All my symptoms are:

1) ear pressure clicking and tinnitus

2) pressure at the back of the head (different than ear pressure)

3)occipital nuralgia (pain between the scull and neck that radiates to the top of the scalp and behind the eye) usually one sided could be on both sides..

4)I experience decreased sweating the whole of my body for some reason..

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry I posted and i dont know how to edit my post,,,,,,

My questions are:

1) What types of headaches do you guys with etd experience??

(because i wonna know if my neck pain and pressure is related to my etd or to my herniated disc)..

2) Do you guys feel like everything is dry, your lungs, nose, ears and throat. Because i noticed that i dont produce mucus anymore like in years i have produced mucus, all my passages and airways are so dry, I only produced a colourless (like water) thick phlegum in the morning when i wake up sometimes has yellow or light green in them..

• Posted

Hi there, yes you are suffering.  Surely a doctor should be able to sort out your problem.  Maybe it's all nerves in the neck that could be connected.  I sometimes suffer Occipital bone pain, also in neck too.  However, many people suffer this condition without ETD.  Tinnitus is a miserable condition, I have it in my left ear and also a very common condition.  Try and read other peoples posts on here and see if you are able to gather any information to take to your GP.

We all live in hope for some sort of cure for ETD

Regards Anne

• Posted

Temporal mandibular joint disorder. Or muscle disorder. Tmj/tmd. You can confirm with a good dentist or maxiallary surgeon. Google this. Its awful and age is irrelevant.
    • Posted

im not sure there is a slight pop but its not that painful and doesnt seem tha case
  • Posted

hi

i have all the same symptoms you do pretty much, my tinnitus isnt quite as bad, and i dont have a herniated disk and i dont experience the decreased sweating but every thing else fits perfect, i have told i have the etd and have all the symptoms of occipital nuralgia but not diagnosed, even down to the extra mucus in the morning but dry any other time is on point, i was just wondering what you found out and what you had ? thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.