Even I could quit

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi ya!

I was a smoker since the age of 11 (I'm now 40), puffing on upto 20 (if not more) a day of the stinking things! What a mug I was :roll: thinking of all the money that's gone up in smoke that's lined my arteries with crud and flotsam that is now ruining / ruined my health :roll:

Anyway, yawn, yeah yeah whotever, join the club :roll: :lol: :oops:

So I went on the patches and emergency gum and I can honestly say it's been an absolute breeze, I only ever had 1 bad day when I considered a fag and this is from a smoker who needed a cig to do anything,, on 'puter 'ave a fag, watch TV, choke on a cig,, go the bog,, :lol: you get the picture,, fags for having fags waiting for a cig and a fag :lol: :oops:

Oh :oops: So I started on the Step 1 patches and 4mg gum and now I'm on the final week of the little Step 3s and the 2mg gum, I think I may have a few odd chewies for the weeks after but I can testify I am never going to smoke another cigarette in my (whats left of my) life, 'effing disgusting ruinous things that they are :x :evil:

So you young yoofs who think you are indestructible,, you think you are going to live forever, you are as fit as fiddles eh??? You ain't,, it doesn't last, you are going to get decrepit to, it's inevitable :D You can give up these crap things! I beg ya sad

And you older ones? You feeling a bit knackered eh??? :lol: :oops: Please give up it's soooo easy I promise smile

God I went all preachy there, sorry, but I had a bad day and I would have usually well needed a fag,, but I didn't I had 2 gums instead :lol: See easy :lol: :oops:

Take care!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Well done you !

I stopped 3 months ago after smoking for 30 years and I could cry over the wasted money and pure stupidity of slowly poisioning myself over all those years.

Keep up the effort and remember if you have a craving breathe deeply for a few breaths and that should calm you again

:D

• Posted

Thanks, well done you aswell :D Keep it up :ok:
  • Posted

Nice. Good job.:ok: Keep it up. 8)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.