Even more fed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All :cry:

Honestly I could scream. My saga with Kings rumbles on. They have now given me a date for surgery.....27 November. So much for all their promises of giving me an immediate date!! And just for good measure it will completely ruin my Christmas and drastically shorten the time I can take off work to recover.

When I made my formal complaint back on 29 August, I received a letter to say I would get a full written reply in 25 working days. That deadline has now passed. Nor have they let me know officially that they could not meet the deadline, as advised in the very nice glossy little booklet on complaints that they sent me.

I have totally had enough of this b*llocks. I sent off another letter last night. And now I am going to move my complaint up to the next level. When I saw the ns again on 20 September she said that she could operate the following Friday, 28 September, but then decided I should try a ridiculous experiment of giving up the meds (very slowly of course, so she could consign me to nothingness for months) to see what happens because she thought I didn't need surgery now. Ho! Ho! Yeah right, more like as a damage limitation exercise, because if she judgment was that I didn't need surgery, then it not being done sooner would be irrelevant, there would be no case to answer. When I gave up the meds, which I did immediately, straight away.....agony. The second MRI scan earlier this month showed exactly the same as the first one in May. There was no miraculous cure and I knew she was talking b*llocks at the meeting. So not only did I miss the chance to have the surgery on 28 September because of this utter nonsense, but she didn't keep her word and immediately give me another date as she said she would.

To say that I am angry is an understatement. My cousin owns a very successful medicolegal company and by chance her boyfriend is one of the country's very best surgeons. I hadn't wanted to down that route, but now I'm going to talk to her for some advice.

I don't know why I have more pain this week, but also the numbness (which is really bad below my knee) has now crept above my knee and that whole area just feels like it has insects walking on it. I guess this will be the next place to lose all feeling. If it keeps drifting upwards I'm worried I could be heading for a full blown Cauda Equina Syndrome (CES) crisis. You may recall that my first e-mail was about the way in which I got a really severe pain in foot when I went to the toilet. I asked the question on a CES website, because CES affects toileting function. I got reply back from a lady saying \"get an urgent second opinion now\". Apparently the way this L5/S1 problem has played out for me with the main problem being numbness rather than pain, the rapid weight loss and this severe pain in the foot when I go to the loo follows the same pattern as what happened to her. She now has permanent cord damage and is in a wheelchair. She wants me toget a second opinion. I thought if the operation to decompress was going to happen quite soon, then I would be OK. What to do? Get a second opinion??? I can't even get a sensible first opinion. What I think right now is inprintable!!!!!!

Trulyfedup :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

morning trulyfedup,

:shock: , omg, don't know what to say really, i'm angry for you!!!

how can they do that!!! i am so sorry, it is so out of order. one of the things i have learnt for all this experience is, the doctors/surgeons can bascically say exactly what they want at consultations~and put something completely different in their notes! i have had this problem over and over again! and there is nothing you can do about it, at all!

but please try and get your problem you have sorted,can you not ring up and record the conversation and say that you'll be taking legal action if found you have a serious condition! i may be good to give them a good threat! i don't know how you would stand, as in the law, but i do know what you describe is a definate RED FLAG !!! :twisted:

but i'm sorry , i can't suggest anything, i can't even help myself!! lol, but i'm here like every one else, to listen ok, don't forget, i wish i could do more,

take care, and please try anything you can to get this checked out, its very worrying, can only imagine how your feeling, worry, anger, frustration as well as the pain!!! :evil:

take care, :cheerup:

talk soon

:rose: mandy :rose:

• Posted

sad hi trulyfedup

what can we say? we do put our trust in the docs and the complaints dept , to do what they are paid to do , what is the next step the national papers? they cannot go on treating(or not as the case may be) people like this, i do feel for you and i hope to god my hospital is not going to go down the same route. the last i heard was a guy named paul phoned and said he needs to speak to the consultant nurse to arrange a date to have my pre-assesment and when he speaks to me again he will have dates for me, lets hope he sticks to his word . as mandy says we can be here for each other for support but we are meer mortals that got no chance against the nhs (or have we) let us know of any progress,gail

• Posted

hi trulyfedup,

guess what i got my MRI results back :shock: friday!! from what i can make out, nothing has changed with my neck but because i have a urinary problem and pain in my lower back, he asked them to scan my back too, in my lower back at level L4/5 i have a radial disc bulge!! :huh: what is that? is it a prolapse or one waiting to happen, i also got a follow-up appointment, so they can discuss the results~~~~ IN MARCH 2008!!!! no wonder i've been in so much pain, oh yet another thing completely ignored by my GP, :evil:

thursday i wrote an email to my local MP, telling him everything from when i started having real problems with the NHS! spaning back 2 years, lol will make interesting reading if nothing else!

then last night i wrote an email to PALS up kings, just about the way i've been treated since i first went under them!

so its just a matter of time now, more waiting!! oh i should of told my MP to tell the health minister to take a browse through this site and see some real life experiences with the NHS!!!!!

must go rugby on lol,

let us know how you are ok :cheerup:

take care,

:rose: mandy :rose:

• Posted

Post removed by Patient Admin at the request of the author.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.