Even more things I've noticed.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello ladies, something else now along with all the other rotten symptoms of menopause. Has anyone noticed their usual face moisturiser irratates or burns now ? I haven't changed it for years but my face looks sunburnt after a while of using it, wondered what the hell it was then it dawned on me that it must be this. I don't wake up like it but about an hour after using it it appears. Anybody else please ?

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes, your skin will be more sensitive. But it will pass maybe for a year it will be sensitive. Avoid glycolic acid it will make it worse.
    • Posted

Thank you I thought so, I will switch to a skin sensitive product with less chemicals as possible. 
  • Posted

hi yes skin is sensiive  noticed too, i just  used a sensico electrode facial tonr and had rash on left cheek for days, is your skin and hair dry too, as another sign, hair seems to go mad as if there isnt enough to contend with!
    • Posted

Hi debi - yes skin on legs particularly is really dry and have to moisturise all the time and my hair is a mess, can't do anything with it. Am two years into surgical menopause and seem to be having new symptoms all the time - one thing slightly subsides then another one comes along - hope for some relief sometime soon but I can't see it yet. Thanks hope you're doing ok.
  • Posted

Hi Lou,

I have also noticed that lotions and other things (like ocean water) will irritate or burn my skin lately. I never had a problem with this before and I live by the beach so I have been swimming in the ocean for years. It never bothered me until now. I was wondering if this could also be from the hormonal changes and now that I hear you bringing it up I feel a bit relieved that it is not just me. I have tried different lotions so far but I have not found one which does not bother me so far. I will keep searching... xx

• Posted

oh... I have also noticed that my eye lashes are getting thinner. Has anyone noticed losing their eye lashes? It is very annoying, especially when you want to put mascara on and there is fewer lashes to work with. I barely use mascara now because I feel that it does not look good anymore with such scarce lashes. The hardest part is that I will have to get used to a new normal now....I have not found a solution for this problem yet but keep working on it.
    • Posted

Hi Topo, thank you for reply - interesting isn't it how all of a sudden we notice these changes and yes I would say DEFINATLEY hormonal as I don't have any anymore ! Well not many anyway as am not on HRT so am suffering big time and it's no joke is it. I'm so sorry you are suffering too but at the same time it's good to know I'm not alone! Wretched menopause is so brutal. Chemical free lotions and potions are expensive aswell xx
    • Posted

Yes yes yes me too !! Ive solved that problem - false eyelashes ! My daughter wears them and I have never worn them before but she forced me too  !! If you get good ones they look really natural and lovely , I wear them all the time and they're not expensive - just gives you a boost, treat yourself , don't know where you are but I'm in the UK and they are less than £10 and last ages and ages x
    • Posted

Thank you Lou,

I will try the false eye lashes. I am in Florida, but I am sure they are not that expensive here too... xx

• Posted

Hi, I had been using Nivea lotion for 30 years or more and all of a sudden I was getting spots around my mouth and blistery, my lips seemed sore like sunburn, so in the end I had went to the doctors, he told me that around 50 years, your skin changes, and said if my cream contained paraffin it was that.  He was right, he did give me some cream, but when I changed face creams it disappeared.  Note that alot of lipsticks contain paraffin, so I now wear lipgloss, that doesn't contain paraffin.
    • Posted

Thanks for that, interesting isn't it - ive used Olay for years and years which I thought was gentle but then I thought Nivea was aswell, just shows how things change. May I ask what you use now ? I tried my granddaughters baby lotion and that burnt like mad aswell, looked like I'd been under a sunlamp - awful, all these things just add to anxiety as its yet another thing ontop of everything else x
    • Posted

Hi Ladies, I just started wearing lipstick this year. I couldn't wear any when I started this change, because my lips were dry & cracking, my skin on my lips would hurt so I had to constantly apply chapstick or gloss so I found bb works wonders for the lips if you need something natural. Can be found at your local pharmacy but i can't say the name due to regulations here.
    • Posted

Thank you, yes it's all a nightmare and takes so much trial and error finding products that don't irratate us even more. Will bear in mind your kind advice x
    • Posted

Hi Lou, well, I do try to look after my face, and don't want to get 'old and wrinkly' so I've been using Collagen wrinkle de crease  (day and night), I buy them from Asda usually when they are on offer for £5 (usually £12, as it doesn't contain paraffin.  Hope this helps. Belinda

• Posted

Hi thank you for that I e just had a look on their site - is that the one in the purple / ish box ? It's £8 at the moment and the reviews are good. Do you have sensitive skin aswell ? Like you I try to look after my face and am a little paranoid about it, it all just adds to anxiety - I can't make decisions like I used too and will ponder for ages , Uugghh! I think it could be the paraffin that's causing the burning look and feel. If it's the one I'm thinking of ill give it a go x
    • Posted

Oh lord, I thought I was the only one not being able to make decisions! I can ponder all day long on something and still can't decide. Going to have to look and see if there's paraffin in my tinted moisturizer.

Btw, lou is that the one with the famous brand name? Okay my tinted moisturizer, that doesn't burn my face, is made by the same company as the one you use. Of course, it is sans paraffin but the list of ingredients have a warning and are frightening after checking online the names of the ingredients. Cyclopentasiloxane is not exactly a nice looking chemical and just the name suggest that this ring with a 5 carbon chain could be dangerous. Says it's an endocrine disruptor, causes tumors in mice, and it's being also hidden under the name of D5. Okay, this would definitely cause alarm for my hormones being so up and down along with so many other issues I'm already having to deal with. So while it may not have paraffin, it has more toxic ingredients I don't want on my skin. Unfortunately, the cream you use also has the same D5 chemical that is harmful to our liver and well being. Sorry, but when I dig into something I find out what it is to the last detail. Now to find a moisturizer without D5 aka Cyclopentasiloxane, or any other name close to it.

• Posted

Oh my goodness that's just like me ! I overanalyse and stress and worry over everything including things I eat now aswell. Ive cut out all the rubbish and try to stick to as many natural things as poss - there have been times I've been in the supermarket with a full trolley and just up and leave it there and get in my car and go home empty handed because I can't take the stress of it all - it seems everything you touch or eat or put on your skin has nasty additatives in it, what do we do, seems like it's gonna be a very hard job to eliminate all the bad things . We need to look after ourselves and our bodies are telling us so because of our reactions to things. This is going to take some serious research on our part . Will start looking properly when I have time later after work. I have to go food shopping later and plan on being very careful. Thanks for your input x
    • Posted

Hi Lou, yes it is the purple box.  I didn't use to have sensitive skin, but when I turned 50, my skin changed.  Best of luck with the cream, it worked for me. Regards. Belinda x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.