Even steroid injections didn't work

Posted , 2 users are following.

After multiple fractures in both feet and countless xrays everything came back normal. After 16 months of continuous fractures i contracted plantar fasciitis. Ive had 3 different podiatrists and 3 cortisone injections. They eased the pain for a few days but the pain always came back. Since then ive been diagnosed with osteomalcia and low calcium which caused weak bones which caused my bones to fracture that lead plantar fasciitis. I think my present podiatrist is running out of options for treatment

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The steroid injections help to some point I received surgery and it helped for about 8 months. Just got surgery on right foot today and I'm in tremendous pain, and can't sleep.

If I were you look for a new podiatrist, get a second opinion .

Good Luck

• Posted

Thats why im on a 4 th podiatrist. All the others just said i was unlucky to have fracture after fracture. Even i know plantar fasciitis doesn' t show on xrays. Is it worth having surgery because sometimes it too painful to even put my foot on the floor. Bless. I hope you recover soon

• Posted

I say get the surgery but do one foot at a time, but don't get both at once do them at least 1 year apart. They say constantly elevate foot above heart , but as I just learned from personal experience is lay it normal for a while as on one side at a time not straight if you understand it slows the pain down, still elevate but not always .

Good luck. Keep me posted if you have specific questions as I'm living it first hand 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.