Even when sternum not severe ribs still tender

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a costo sufferer and have found that sometimes when there is no crushing sternum pain I still get a very sore sternum that can ache and be tender and that alot of my ribs will still be tender along with tender shoulder and occasional left arm pain, so what I actually mean is sometimes you don't always need the crushing pain to suffer with this condition

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

As someone who considers themselves 80-95% healed, I miss the full on pain.

Not because it's better, of course, but because it's more definite and certain.

I have virtually no pain, only a little tenderness or some twinges on bad days but this weak, swollen, numb feeling on my left side is disconcerting.

I feel basically nothing but a weird sense of awareness that its not right.

Also there's this swollen discomfort I get especially when I feel which makes me feel like I'm squashing my lung/heart so sleeping on my left side is scary as I feel I may cut off my air supply.

I hate costo.

• Posted

I can understand how you feel, it's really horrible, as it's still making you worry, which is what it's doing to me, like the symptoms I put above, it's getting me down, today pain started in left ribs, very tender then into left shoulder and in sternum and slight pain in lower right ribs, but mainly still sore in left ribs and shoulder, do you remember any of these symptoms

• Posted

Unfortunately yes. No part of costo is fun. I just feel that the less pain I have, the more I concuct alternative reasons for the numbness/weakness in my head. At least the pain was more certain.
    • Posted

Also, I've said this multiple times ot many people in this forum. Try drinking turmeric tea or cut up some ginger and put it in hot water if you ever feel pain, tightness, discomfort.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.