Posted , 4 users are following.
I recently overcame a weeklong bout of horrible acid reflux ... here is what I learned:
1. STRESS is the main culprit.
2. I was on HRT
3. I was not taking care of myself
Here is what I did:
1. Started using Chinese healing techniques "The Healer Within" by Roger Jahnke
2. Went off HRT (for now? forever?)
3. Ate a bland diet - removed all foods that cause it. Lists are everywhere.
4. Here's the biggie - started drinking kombucha every day. Your stomach needs good probiotics!
5. I increased my Lexapro from 10 mg to 20 mg. Yes, I am on anti-anxiety meds! Did I mention I have 3 teenagers?!
6. Started saying No to people.
I refused to go on Prilosec.... but I completely understand why people do. This is one of the most uncomfortable things I ever dealt with. My stress level was out of control - even though I teach yoga I have 3 teenagers and I was not taking care of myself. Meditation and breath saved me! Thoughts and prayers are with all of you ... you have my compassion.
1 like, 6 replies