Evening Gas/Discomfort every night at same time.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’ve had sporadic stomach issues for nearly 5 years now, comes and goes and over those 5 years the symptoms seem to change from flair up to flair up.

This latest one has been on going since August which is, just about every night from say 7 o’clock, I start having flatulence, almost every 20 mins until say 9 o’clock the next day.

It’s absolutely foul smelling, rotten eggs every time and it’s really starting to take its toll on me.

All doctors tests, GP & gastro have came back all clear.

Went for a food intolerance test and the usual suspects flagged, gluten, dairy, tomato’s, bananas etc

Doesn’t seem to matter what I eat or drink, this still happens.

Is it worth while going private for a scope? As gastro has said no further investigation required?

Diet is pretty clean, hardly eating carbs now, leaning towards more carnivore to try and solve this but red meat and eggs is probably the cause for the smell of the gas.

Even when i follow the food intolerance test, cut out fizzy juice and majority of sugar this still happens?

It leaves bellow my belly button really tender.

As I say from 9 in the morning onwards, it all goes away, strange because I eat more in the morning than I do at night.

Rambling on a bit here but I’m at a loose end and looking for a bit of direction or advice.

Thanks in advance .

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi There -

I am new here and don't have much to offer, but I am curious about your symptoms as I have almost the same thing. Every night at the same time i get symptoms and they last throughout the night. When I wake up, I feel fine. I have becomes more sensitive to foods over the past year and IDK why, but I cna mostly make it through the day before the symptoms start up at night.

My symptoms are somewhat different than yours, but it's always around the same time. I was given an antibiotic which cleared everything up for many months.... but they always come back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.