Evening Primrose Oil

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had some feedback from others on the forum about evening primrose oil and how it's helped them the most from everything they have taken but I would like to know how it has helped and the symptoms it's helped decreased. I have never tried it but will definitely consider based on everyone's feedback .

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Holden. I posted Sinus Infection- An Effective Treatment on 14th February, and recommend it to you. It explains the benefits of Evening Primrose Oil

fully. Evening Primrose Oil desensitises the nervous system, but does not affect mental ability. It is a miracle cure for sinusitis and hayfever, and useful for other nerve pains. Best of luck with your problem. 

Ray

• Posted

Hi

Raymond

what sort of amount of Evening Primrose Oil are you talking about?

Nancy

• Posted

Nancy. The Evening Primroce Oil I use is the 1000mg capsule available from most supermarkets.

It takes about 4 hours to work, but it is effective for a further 24 hours, so one capsule per day has been found to fe effective. I trust you will find this treatment effective.

Ray

• Posted

I've been on 1300 mg of Evening Primrose for the past 40 days.  I have my fingers crossed.  I still have a lot of mucus drainage, but it's not as thick as before.  Hopefully this plague will end soon.  In my opinion Evening Primrose is doing more for me (so far) than any of the prescription medicines I had been taking.  (I even go a whiff of some sented body cream recently.  I haven't been able to smell anything for about 2 years.)
    • Posted

John. Very pleased to hear you are getting some benefit from Evening Primrose Oil, albeit slower than my results. A sense of smell returning is an excellent sign you have shown substantial improvement. I remember losing my sense of smell many years ago when I had chronic sinusitis.

I hope your improvement continues.

Ray

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.