Evenings are lovely, mornings are brutal - anyone else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

It is groundhog day every day for me.

By the time evening rolls around I feel pretty great. Basically happy, anxiety free.

When I go to bed every night I think that there is no way that I can feel this good at night and again wake up riddled with anxiety, rumination and sadness.

Yet every morning..........there it is.

The positive of course is that at least I feel good for a considerable part of the day now.

I think this is pretty common with morning anxiety the last thing that goes on the way to recovery.

But man......it really stinks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I know what you mean. I felt like that for most of the time until i've recovered. It's very tough to wake up with anxiety after feeling so good the night before.

However, at one point, the morning anxiety will ease and feel good for all day. It's patient game with the freaking anxiety.

For how many months that you're taking Citalopram?

Keep safe

• Posted

Thanks for the reply.

I'm almost 100 days on citalopram in total. 28 at 10mg and then the other 72 at 15mg. So 10 weeks settled at my current dose.

I've been on once before at 20mg all the way and quit way too soon. It took me a solid 3 months to start seeing the light. It took me 8 months to feel 100%. Got steadily better all the way with lots of blips.

My side effects to this stuff are outrageous. The first time around they put me directly on 20mg and the intrusive thoughts that it created were.........well I don't even have the words to describe how terrible.

Even this time going on 10 it sent me sobbing on the couch the very next day with my entire body feeling nothing but sorrow. The increase from 10 to 15 did the same thing.

• Posted

Hi

I'ts a long process with those meds. Samething for me, it took me almost 10 to 11 months before feeling good. But, you've done a portion of the road. Try not to engage too much with your symptoms. Easier to say but tell yourself that the anxiety will ease down the road.

And i don't know for you, i was drinking alcohol during week-end for the 1st 9 months. My feelings were terrible for about 4-5 days after. Try not to drink if it's your case.

Keep safe

• Posted

Hi.

I feel I should shed some hope to all who is still in recovery... please keep going. You may think recovery is never gonna come, we'll I'm here to tell you It will. I am living proof. Please keep going.. It took me about a year and a half to finally get through it. It may not take that long for some of you but I can assure you, it's ahead. Do not look back. I have the utmost respect for Kateycogs as she is known on this site. She not only gave me hope and answers to all my questions, but she kept me grounded when I thought I was going absolutely mad. Trust her. She's been there too. 🙂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.