event monitor results

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a 6 day event monitor on 2 weeks ago due to an episode of palpitations in mid May. I gave back the monitor last Monday and today I received a call from the drs secretary saying that my heart monitor results came back today and as Dr was away for the next few weeks she wants to see me in her clinic on Thursday to go through the results with me. This has filled me with dread as I'm a public patient and have never gotten an appointment with the hse this quickly. Should I be worried

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Look at it this way the doctor is away for a few weeks and she knows that you will be worried about not knowing.

As she is not medically qualified and if it was a matter of concern she would surely get another doctor to see you as he/she would be able to explain it all.  

• Posted

It's very possible you should either have additional tests or should start a medication soon rather than later. Keep your appointment on Thursday and find out what needs to be done next.

• Posted

Thank you. I feel at my wits end as over the weekend I found an indent in my breast and am so scared right now and the call today has upset me more than it usually would
  • Posted

Well I got my results and they suspect i have svt. I was slightly worried as in March my mum was taken into hospital and subsequently passed away and on her death certificate it says sub ventricular tachycardia Dr said I wasn't going to die and not to worry will do more tests and refer me to a cardiologist who specializes is svt. 

• Posted

Good luck with the tests and treatment.

Keep us all up to date with your progress

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.