Ever felt like you're coming down with 'Flu......but its just the dreaded Curse?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hiya Ladies

Now its not new for me to feel like I'm coming down with the 'flue (sorry 'flu - got that bloody fat fella in a red suit on my mind still!) PRIOR to a period. But I've now started to feel like that when I've finished!  I seem to have had a period over Christmas for the whole of my adult life, so this year was no exception, other than I'd asked Santa NOT to bring my one this year!  But I finished yesterday and feel absolutely exhausted: particularly that inner aching joint feeling you get when you're coming down with a virus.  My symptoms used to go as soon as I bled, but this month seems to have changed things.  I suppose it all goes hand-in-glove with the overall aching joints thing, but I'll be none the wiser if its the peri or is actually 'flu when I start sweating like the proverbial fat bird at a disco!!cheesygrin 

Blimey, can you imagine:  all our peri symptoms AND the 'flu - our poor families won't know what's hit them!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Shaznay, Just when I entered peri I had a long  cold (not flu for my stomach was OK), body sore, difficult to breath as I had asthma or allergies, Nose running for weeks,   morning weakness, a cough that stended for 3 months or so...  All tested, including antibodies, nothing wrong. That was last Christmas and i did not know what hit me til I find this website.  One month was not like the other, regarding symptoms and periods but it looks like that when I was more "regular" I felt worst but 2 days before my period I was great and from the 3rd day on, terrible.  Happy to say that now I feel just fine again, even though my period is completely crazy now.  I have very mild symptoms here and there :D. So, hold on and wait for best days.. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and to all here, we very much deserve it!
    • Posted

Funny you should mention the asthma BellaRubia, as my breathing has really declined over the past 18mths. Have an inhaler now.  Thankfully don't appear to have developed any allergies (yet!) but have noticed my stamina is declining. Thought I'd better start exercising so was grateful to find my ol' mate YouTube had the answer for me! Lesley Sansone's Power Walking for wrinklies. Only got up to 3miles, but I'm not into knocking the guts out of myself: its got to be enjoyable and i have to say its probably the one for me: Fantastic, although that was when I found my breathing was a prob. Me and my husband go for long walks, but I feel quite embarrassed when we attempt anything other than a flat path:  I sometimes feel like I'm having a heart attack.  He's 53 and very fit and healthy:  I'm 54, fattish and NOT fit and healthy unfortunatelyredface.  I'll reintroduce myself to Lesley as one of my New Year Resolutions because all I can see is the good it did me:  felt very energised for the day. 

Happy New Year to you too.

• Posted

Hi 

You will soon know whats peri and whats not, and if it was the Flu proper Flu then you would know about it, i had Flu ( not a cold) twice and my lord you cant even lift you head or get one limb out of bed, appetite gone for a month. ( no comparison) 

Peri aches are different, vary day to day, get more intense around a period or worse still if periods are skipped around the missing period.

Hot flushes and night sweats are pure inconvenience, its not flu, or anything like, you will soon recognise whats what, try ride through it, think oh thats a peri blip, be kind to yourself, boost the body with vits that we lack during this time and stay positive .. 

big hugs

Jay xx

• Posted

Take good care and be kind to yourself, do not push too much. You will feel much better sooner or later.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.