Everol sequi at 44

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all

I have been suffering with peri menopause symptoms for 2 years. Eventually, j saw a dr that understood and she advised I try HRT.

The first 2 months were great and I had a bleed during week 4 as the info says.

Month 3 was the same although a few symptoms came back but not as bad as before. At my check, she suggested I try another 3 months just to see.

Month 4 has been awful. I bled at the start of week 3 which I didn't expect, and I feel like I did before starting them (sore boobs, headaches, tiredness, emotional wreck etc)

Has anyone else had this where they worked at first then stopped? I have made an appointment for next week but that is only the start of month 5 and feel like I am mithering. Not sure if I should go or give the whole 3 months a go so that would be 6 altogether. Thank you

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi I know it's a pain isn't it...why don't u try everel conti..I'm not sure if it's only if u have finished periods but I find this one brilliant the best I have tried goodl luck..jx

• Posted

This is exactly what happened to me and it turned out it was the progesterone in the Evorel Sequi that didn't suit me... I had the exact symptoms that you have and it kind of got worse monthly over the 6 months that i used Evorel Sequi.

I then tried Evorel oestrogen only patches adding in Utrogestran tabs for the last two weeks of the months as utrogestran are supposed to be a more tolerable form of natural progesterone, nope - the tiredness on them was debilitating plus i felt sick, emotional, more boob pain during the last month i used them etc and eventually i felt so bad i just had to stop those too.

Now I'm using Femseven patches, these haven't given me side effects really at all but because of the sticking issues with them (they don't stick after showers etc...) the manufacturer pulled them from manufacture late last year and told me they don't plan to relaunch until late this year!!! 😦(

So, currently I'm using my last month of these and will ring my docs on Monday to discuss what we'll do next! I do have to say though that although there is no side effects - they don't seem to control my symptoms too well either as I'm tired, forgetful, have no stamina etc. I just hope they are giving me some bone protection as I'm 47 now and have been in peri and finally menopause since my early 40's...

xxx

• Posted

Do you have Estraderm MX (Oestradiol) where you are)? There are some sticking issues with them too but not totally related to showering. I find it better to put them on upper buttocks because I realised that they loosened when I put them on my lower abdomen when I sat and fat rolls occurred.

• Posted

I think we do but they don't contain progesterone and my doc says i need to use both? I solved the femseven non/stick thing by using a tegaderm dressing over the top with brilliant results, never comes off... but I still ferl so crap so not doing much i fear.

xx

• Posted

Maybe progesterone separately will work better for you. You can have more control over strength that way.

• Posted

I did try separate with taking utogestran tabs but it was just as bad... I'm interested in trying a cream but not sure there are any available via NHS... and I'm not sure my doc will prescribe just the oestrogen without progesterone too.

Bit of a nightmare but will research further... I just want to feel myself again. Thank you for your help.

xx

• Posted

I don't have to have progesterone and when my dr insisted I try it it was the worst ever for me because it made my oestrogen ineffective. However, if you still have your uterus, then you must use it but from what I have read by a gyne research professor, you only need just enough to prevent break through bleeding. I can't help with what type though. Hopefully someone else can.

• Posted

i couldnt tolerate progesterone at all.

It made me feel very down and having tried lots of different ones with no success i am now on combined patches.

Everol Conti

BRILLIANT

Jacqui x

• Posted

... the conti patches are just combined oestrogen and progesterone aren't they and yet you're ok with them?

I'm interested as I too am intolerant of progesterone as i quoted above but haven't tried conti patches. Do they work in a different way or something? I feel desperate for better relief!!

Thanks. x

• Posted

hi threr ive been on two types of tablets for three months each and had spotting and then full blown periods now im on a diffrent one which is fantastic no bleeds and no side effects i think your body will tell you when your on the right one dont give up just change tablets x

• Posted

Thank you for all your replies. It's such a pain. You feel like you are going mad don't you?!?! These are the combined patches and like I say, they were brilliant for the first 2 months. I thought they were magic. The tiredness and crying over nothing is awful. I have been like this since 42 so I am 2 years through it. I'll have to see what my dr says. Thanks again for your help 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.