Everol sequi bleeding

Posted , 2 users are following.

I’ve been on these patches since February. Within two weeks felt great - no more flushes and aches and pains all eased.  My periods started up again which I knew would happen. However, the last few months, the periods are heavier and I have spotting throughout. It’s becoming such a nuisance plus really worrying as leaflet says to stop immediately and see your doctor. My doctor says it’s probably hormonal but I’ve got a referral to see a gynaecologist. Anyone else experienced this please? Feeling that it’s not worth the hassle! 😪 thanks to anyone who can chat/help?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

HI I bleed a lot with the 1st HRT I tried my gynaecologist said it's a bit trail and error to start with to find the one that suits you,unfortunately I don't think our GP are very well educated on HRT so hopefully the gynaecologist will help. Good luck hope you get it sorted but don't give up as when you find the right one it's great it took 3 different ones until I found one that suits I now feel great 

• Posted

Thank you. I suppose my worries are because for the first few months all was fine by the spotting started after about 5 months so worrying it’s something more sinister. My gp just says it’s possibly hormonal and I’ve asked for a referral.  I agree, GPs don’t seem very educated in the hrt medications. The GP who put me on the patches has retired so I feel I don’t know where to turn. 
  • Posted

I was the same I was fine for 6 months then bled heavily I had all the test and there was nothing wrong my consultant thought the method of HRT didn't suit me I was on tablets I'm now on the Mirena coil and estrogen patch with apparently is the safest way to have HRT and works well for me.

• Posted

Hi, seen the consultant who has sent me for ultra scan. Feels it may be the hrt. Told me to stop immediately. Now four days along and waking up at 3.15 am every morning. Feeling anxious,  tearful. Have still got to wait until Saturday for scan and then see consultant following week.  She has suggested coil and patch. Hoping this will be the solution. Always feared the coil- just sounds uncomfortable! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.