Every day headache, had mri told 8 weeks for results!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi ive had headaches on and off like most people most of my life. Approx 2 yrs ago i saw a gp as i was having daily headaches-told tension. Things settled down and now for the past 2/3 months ive had a headache every day. Sometimes its all over my head, sometimes in one place. I have a lot of pressure/strain feelings in my neck, almost like my head is too heavy for my neck. Sometimes i get light headed and dizzy and then i start thinking i have other problems such as clumsyness etc but ive always been a tad clumsy. Went back to my gp last week and had an mri the next day. Gp said he thought it was tension but could see how worried i was so ordered an mri.

Ive spenr the last week convinved i have a brain tumour. Absolutely worried sick. Anyone had anything similar?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi stephanie.

I was excatly the same. Bad headaches, everyday pain at times was very bad. Dizzy, blurred vision, doctors thought was vertigo or a migranie. Sent home with tablets. Nothing worked, until one day i noticed one of my pupils was bigger than the other, doctor red flagged a urgent mri scan. Was down about a week after, got the mri and then they called me about 3/4weeks after to tell me it was all clear. Put everything down to anxiety, and realised pupils were always like that! Wance i got my results sore head, and all eased off a bit. More u think about it, worse it seems to get! 

Good luck with your results, & update how u get on!! 🙂

• Posted

I also bearly slept or ate while i was waiting on the results! Was longest 3/4weeks of my life. Anxiety was at a 100, i also was convinced brain tumor. You would have more symptoms if brain tumor, so stay positive! 🙂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.