Every day life is hard.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been having bad anxiety for what feels like forever now. It is worse some times more than others but is usually focused around life situations that i can't cope with.

Mostly money issues, worry about children, unhappy in work and struggling with my partner. I feel like I want these things to work so bad but worry so much I do very little to contribute to help. I have changed so much over the last few years having 2 children in 2 years. My anxiety is so bad that I now believe I'm unable to deal with these changes that are so natural to other people.

I've talked to people, taken medication and regularly try relaxation but things that happen daily really throw me off and send me into a panic. I want to be able to cope with every day life so I can enjoy it more. I jumped the gun a bit posting this but I will start to look at other posts to find things that can help. Thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel it is very frustrating and like a vicious circle. So you still take medicine? I take 15mg of citalopram I find that it helps!
  • Posted

Hi,

I think it wud be a really gud idea to see if u can write down which things make u more anxious than others in daily life. U might at first think, they are all equally anxiety inducing but look a little closer and u'll notice so.e things make u anxious slightly longer than others.

Just do this as a first step just try to compare them see if ur brain can start figuring things out.

Once you hav this in mind the idea is to start thinking which things u need to worry bout less than the main things.

Hope this helps

Phil

• Posted

I've been on antidepressants for 27 years and suffer severely with chronic generalised anxiety disorder! If you can find time in what appears to be a very demanding schedule I beg you to try exercise! A fast walk where you get out of breathe, running intervals...Run as long as you can then walk until you feel you can run again repeat!

Only 1/2 hour 2-3 times a week works wonders! Cycling is my favourite! Your body will release endorphins which destroy anxiety! Wishing you well

• Posted

Hi thanks for all your replies. I'm not any medication at the minute and have not been for a few years. I will definitely try those exercises to see if they can help.

There is a history of drepession and anxiety in my family as my mother suffers regularly and had been in hospital a lot of her adult life. I fear this for myself later in life if I can't control my anxiety.

My partner has been asking me to go for help but I can't bring myself to do, most of the time I can't even talk about it as I cant make sense of how I'm feeling. I just hope every day that I can have a little less worry so I can be a better person for my family .

• Posted

It appears that at the moment you are feeling helpless, also worrying about the future and impending long term anxiety

Taking control back is wonderfully empowering

There has been great advice here by those who know exactly what it is you are experiencing and the means they implemented to deal with the problem

Writing things down, as Phil so wisely advises, is an excellent way of seeing with your own eyes, the problems with clarity, and gives a sense of order and how to tackle things one by one. Also, writing things down is a form of "letting " go of them

Chris also wisely advises excercise, thus ridding the body of the surplus flood of adrenalin that plagues anxiety sufferers

Feeling helpless in the face of problems is a negative response and enforces the feeling of helplessness and entrenches anxiety

Being positive, determined, is not easy but it is life changing where anxiety is concerned

Glass half full? Or glass half empty?

Anxiety Disorder is very much about dealing with today. Not worrying about the future.  It's not about trying to "fight" the problem. Nobody ever wins a fight against Anxiety Disorder

It's about accepting it exists and dealing with it in a calm and practical and orderly manner

Talking releases much of the pressure and the panic thoughts of not coping that run round your head

If you cannot sit down with your partner and explain how you feel then you need a relative or close friend to confide in

Feeling that you inadequately contribute shows you lack confidence. You are a Mum. It's the most important "job" in the whole wide world. Therefore you are the most important person in their worldsmile

You are the lnych pin of the family

The heart of the family

You can overcome this! Take each day as it comes, face it with determination, be positive and appreciate your self worth

And best wishes!

• Posted

Hi Helen thank you very much for those words they are very reassuring.

I should of explained I'm a dad haha must of been the having 2 kids. I just want to do my best for them and set out to but small things go can quickly throw me into a downward sprinal. I will work hard every day to change things around.

• Posted

Hi there smile

Well, being a Dad is no different to being a Mum.!

If the Mum is the heart then the Dad is the Heartbeat

When one's children are small there is never much money to go around. But you know, all kids want are a warm and safe home and two loving parents. Things come secondry! A hug, a kiss, playing with your children, bedtime stories, are priceless compared to material things

When a child is loved, feels safe and secure, they grow into happy, well adjusted and confident adults who in turn make wonderful parents

That you worry shows you care, that you love! Who can ask for more than that?

It sounds to me that you are a wonderful, loving human being that wants the best for his family

You don't appear to realize that you are already giving them the best

You love them

Nothing else counts

Helen

You sound like a wonderful, hard working fellow. Be proud of yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.