Every over night

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys. Since last Monday I’ve been sleeping every other night 

The night I don’t sleep I pace in and out of bed constantly then will sleep 10/11 hrs the next

Because I’m exhausted

I’m 51 and worrying about my health because of this I would like it to stop before this happened my sleep had been out of sync but I was sleeping every night I have now developed a fear of not going to sleep it’s doing my head in thank you for listening

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Dear Christine

The sleep clinic I'm under says if your still awake after 15 minutes in bed get up till you start feeling tired then go back to bed keep trying this, don't go on your phone or put TV listen to music. Also cherry juice is meant to help, drink it before you go to bed. If it doesn't help then see your doctor I've had a problem for years and take sleeping tablets it helps but I would use as short use to get back into sleep routine. If you've started a new medication they might have a side effect of insomnia. I hope this helps

• Posted

It’s the fear of not sleeping that’s keeping you awake. I am the same I get myself in a state convinced I won’t sleep and then I don’t. All my Dr said was not sleeping never killed anyone!!! You will sleep eventually and at least you are sleeping every other night . The longest I have gone with no sleep at all is 5 nights ! The nights are so long but I try and relax ( with difficulty)!and tell myself that eventually I will sleep. I occasionally take an over the counter Nytol which helps but I don’t take them every night. Knowing they are on the shelf next to me I find reassuring. Once you stop fretting about not sleeping you will sleep. Not sleeping makes you feel horrid in the day but it won’t harm you 💤 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.