Every Sunday morning, after eating breakfast, my stomach becomes overly acidic and starts to hurt?

Posted , 1 user is following.

So recently, there's this weird thing that only seems to happen every Sunday morning. Kinda long background so please bare with me.

After I shower on a Sunday morning, I have some breakfast (usually two gluten-free muffins) before heading out to church. But recently I noticed that after about 1.5 - 2hrs, my stomach starts to hurt. The pain gets worse and worse until I'm forced to look desperately for some food at/in-between church services (I help serve) to eat cause by now I know that my stomach is too acidic. After eating something, the pain subsides a little. Today after eating some brownies one of my friends brought and drinking a lot of water, the pain subsided. But later on at lunch I had a hearty and quite fatty lunch which consisted of pork and rice on a hot plate. I thought eating more hearty food would neutralize the stomach acid, but instead the pain become really bad. I think this is because: (1.) The fattiness of the food produced more acid as I have read online just now OR/AND (2.) My stomach was already hurt by the acidity that was occurring before hand and the food expanding and staying in my stomach simply agitated the internally hurt areas. 

Again, this strangely only happens on Sunday mornings. I've been doing some reading, and I read that stress can cause one to have overly acidic stomach. I have to help coordinate some things at one service which always stresses me out somewhat (I also kinda have some anxiety issues). On Saturday night, I don't eat too closely to my bed time so I don't think eating too soon before bed is the cause. 

With all that said, anyone have any ideas why this is happening? 

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Forgot to mention also that on weekdays, I rarely, eat breakfast cause I don't have to go to work in the morning and so eat lunch before heading out to work in the late afternoon. Though I know people will say that's not a good reason to not eat breakfast. But anyway, I basically only eat breakfast on Sunday most weeks. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.