Everyday A Naseous feeling in throat (Male)

Posted , 5 users are following.

Everyday for the past week or so soon as I wake up in the morning I feel fine until about 2 or 3 minutes then I start feeling a constant nausea feeling right below my Adam's apple.

I have yet to actually vomit but if I force myself to gag it wouldn't be too hard to come up, I tried propping myself up doesn't seem to make a difference.

on May 17th I was prescribed Augmentin which is a hardcore oral antibiotic, I had an ear infection and took the medication for seven of the 10 days it was too much for my body it made me nauseous and sick the nausea did go away a few days after however has since returned and seems to happen every morning I must say I don't have much pain in my stomach if any at all it is simply in my throat I don't smoke cigarettes I quit almost 2 months ago not sure what this could be if anyone has any insight please feel free to share.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I  waken up some mornings with nausea...I just swallow a motilium. after half hour it eases off..then i can eat my breakfast...you could have hiatus hernia...or it could be anxiety...I am also on Augmentin for a uti...and they do leave me feeling sick...it also takes a while for the antibiotic to leave the system...but my gp. told me to take motilium for my nausea...hope this helps..x
    • Posted

+1 on anxiety. But i feel the augmentin really did a number on my stomache. Since that is when it all started.
  • Posted

Are you having any withdrawal symptoms? How much did you smoke?
    • Posted

Not anymore. Only the first week or so. I smoked almost 15 cigs a day. Sometimes less.
  • Posted

I have acid reflux disease really bad and I get very nauseous and my stomach hurts so bad that I want to cry I have irritable bowel syndrome and a hiatal hernia witch makes me very sick to my stomach
  • Posted

Try yoghurt or orher probiotic foods which can help to rebalance gut flora after antibiotics.  Antibiotics can destory good gut bacteria.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.