Everyone's updates

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi again I feel really silly for the past 2 weeks I was convinced my bv was back and I thought it was at it's worse.

I was hallucinating it all there was no smell .

I've been through hell and back for something I imagined.

I went to the clinic they just threw me out luckily I got a doctor appointment who gave me the cream antibiotics which ive not used.

I should of knew it wasnt bv I had no discharge no smell down there .

anyway how is everyone else's bv ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Michele

As you felt there was a need to go to the clinic then there was. As well as BV does not always show on tests and if you feel unwell then that is how you feel.

BV is the most horrible complaint. I am now using aloe vera liquid soap instead of the usual soap that I use. It is for me just one thing after another. One tiny mistake in a regime of ultra cleanliness and it is back. I have as well at times limited food to eat to prevent germs, no doubt I will die of starvation to prevent BV. Why are we getting it? It is not fair.

• Posted

lol some of lengths we go through tut tut .

I was that paranoid I've been hallucinating the smell of bv I tried apple cider vinegar in the bath....MISTAKE it gave me a blisters then the blisters gave me bv again I was due on my period and the smell was horrendous but It stopped 2 weeks after the apple cider vinegar but I thought I was smelling still but I was hallucinating the smell so thinking I was still smelling of bv i go to the clinic they say my inside vag tissue was very swollen even though I was apparently didnt have bv but they gave me mertiazole which I thought it never touched me but I had another break down in went back clinic wouldn't help so i went to see my doctor who suggested I'm hallucinating because I suffer mental illness most my life so I thought maybe I am hallucinating soon as I thought it was a possibility I noticed I didnt smell I had no classic bv discharge infact I was clean as I have ever been I just thought I was smelling it's been so hard 2 break downs all over bv .

I'm still bv free but I do sometimes smell bv but it's in my head .

how are you doing ?××

• Posted

I sympathise as we all should with and from these complaints that can drive a person to the edge. A lot of infections drive people barmy, as well as other physical complaints. They are very stressful and if you are invalidated it makes life doubly unbearable. I am suffering from BV at the moment and it is at times unbearable both physically and mentally. It has put me in a terrible mood. Life is such a trial.

• Posted

As well as I do smell horribly that I am hoping will go away on its own. I could as I have a choice of taking an atipsychotic that I have here. This in itself could make things better but has its down side being the following: make me swell up and cause prolactin increase so ruining me life in a different way. I still have BV.

• Posted

I think what can happen is that BV can trigger in the brain a person to have a sense of smell about themselves and for the brain to start the smell again in situations when you do not have BV. It is annoying.

Phycical and mental phenemena have happened to myself that are odd over the years one being of late the prolapse during the me nopause that of that time drove me barmy and was very stressful. It is like parts of my body are sending messages to the brain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.