Everything I eat gives me the farts!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had IBS-D for almost 3 years now, I've kind of got it under control but at the minute it seems like everything I eat, safe or not will give me horrendous wind! And the smell! I can't get away from it and I fart so much! It's so frustrating but I can't help it! If it carries on for much longer I'm gunna go to my GP

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Try a food diary or the Low Fodmap diet.  Avoid fizzy drinks, and foods such as cabbage, broccoli and Brussels Sprouts which can be gassy.

• Posted

Hey matthew, there might be possibility that you have gastritis, usually co-exist with IBS....Which can cause indigestion and bloating....Just try over the counter antacid like omeprazole (40mg) on empty stomach in the morning....It may help....and also whatever you eat chew it properly and eat small portions so if that is indigestion it it will feel good in stomach.biggrin
  • Posted

Stressed recently? 

• Posted

no dairy cheese milk etc

no mayonaise

no eggs

no cabbage or sprouts little greens only

Mostly chicken and fish no battered or breaded anything

cut out fried food

Drink lots of water and if all else fails try the odd shot of brandy every now and again its my medicine if i am in trouble

beef very little no beans

It will sort itself out but you will always probably have tremendous smelly farts like someone died and smelly craps the same cut down on bread and scones will blow the ass out of me with farts  soups are no good either

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.