Everything is becoming too much

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys,

Not too long ago I was on here myself trying to support others going through bad times who were in a similar situation to myself. I have been able to cope with things for a while until last weekend. Since last weekend I have been feeling really off out of the blue and my anxiety levels have been sky high. I had to leave university earlier to come home to a "safe" place. Then later on tonight I almost had a panic attack but thankfully managed to contain it however I don't know how much longer I can take feeling like this before my anxiety boils over and I go back into that dark place of not even wanting to leave my bedroom. I find it so difficult to speak to someone in person about my anxiety because I feel embarrassed people who haven't experienced don't really know what to do.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey , I'm the same but it's hard for males to leave the house , I've been reading a book on anxietu and it says that trying to not have a panic attack actually makes it worse , you are suppose to just ride it out and I've never done that I've always just freaked out , also for me praying to God and finding peace with him that brings peace to your heart and when you panic and think what If I die , you can think that I'm at peace with Jesus and that made it easier for me , Ive listened to a really good sermon with a pastor going through what you and me are going through and it helped me a lot if you want I can share it with you . I know that you will find it helpful .

In the mean time just say to your self that I've been here and I've made it through and I will make it through again , 

Ive had it too where driving a min away from home caused me to have a severe panic attack and u suffer with them often but , me trusting Jesus is helping a lot . 

Happy thanks giving 

• Posted

Its hard for me to leave the house not males lol . Sorry biggrin
  • Posted

Hi I feel exactly the same. Had to be signed off work for two weeks due to my head constantly trying to answer silly questions. My trigger was last week when my son tried to overdose! He didn't succeed thank goodness but since then all I keep thinking about is the what if . My whole body hurts and like you I cannot leave the house (my safe place)' my husband does not understand he is blaming himself for not making me happy have tried to tell him it's not you but me. Hard to make people understand when you feel like this isnt it? Maybe it helps to know we are not alone and others suffer this through nothing they do.
  • Posted

None of this is your fault. Blaming yourself for inconveniencing others is just beating yourself up. Try not to do it. Be kinder to yourself. You may be feeling horrible but nothing is going to happen to you. You are not going to die or go mad (or any other kind of rubbish the mind dreams up!). It is just anxiety which, in a nutshell, is your body pumping a lot of adrenaline round your body. All the effects we feel are just the effects of adrenaline. Nothing else. Do what you can to comfort yourself. We have all been through 'it' many times and nothing has happened to us, and it never will. These are all just the uncomfortable thoughts and feelings of anxiety. That's all. The difficulty is that the more we run away from those feelings, the more we are giving our nervous system the message that there is something to be scared of, which there isn't. So it gets the(wrong) message from us and pumps out more adrenaline and then we freak out again and round and round we go! Try, as best you can, to ignore the silly voices saying there is something wrong. Give them no attention and the anxiety will slowly go away. The best way of doing this I have found is to put your attention on something else, like a practical task such as cleaning your room, which you can achieve and feel good about. Going for a brisk walk or exercise also helps a lot as it uses up the excess energy produced by the adrenaline. If you can, dont sit and think about the anxiety, or try to 'fix' it. There is nothing 'wrong' to fix. You are perfectly OK apart from feeling anxious which will not harm you. Dont give it the time of day. It is talking rubbish. Get up and do something. Occupy yourself with something else and it will go away because your nervous system will then get the message that there is nothing wrong and stop pumping out adrenaline. Good luck. You will be fine. Occupy yourself, ignore it, give it time, you will be OK.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.