Everything just keeps building up, what should I do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Everything feels like it is getting worse. I have been staying up all night and sleeping during the day. I have literally nothing to do with my time but watch TV. For awhile, all I could to was watch TV 24/7 but now even watching TV is losing my interest. Things are getting out of control and I don't think I can handle it. I planned on telling my brothers about my PTSD this weekend but now that it's here, I am having second thoughts. I usually have to pretend like nothing is wrong so I don't have to answer questions. It's like I am living a double life. Over the years I have gotten very good and hiding my problems. But now everything just feels like it is building up. I have been considering maybe going back to the hospital so I can really focus on my treatment rather than avoiding it like I am now. I need to tell someone in my family but I don't want to make everyone upset and bring up things that happened in the past. They have all moved on, it just doesn't feel like my place to bring things back up. Does anyone have advice on what I should do?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Marie

You do not mention what caused your PTSD, and if you have had any treatment. I do pick up on this could have happened sometime in the past. Have you explained to your GP. Although I gather you must have been admitted into hospital

I would recommend you visit your GP and explain how your PTSD has returned, This needs to be addressed and you need coping skills explained so you can move on. It is no use holding back with this, you need help and understanding, your GP will be able to arrange a treatment plan for you if needed. 

BOB

• Posted

I am currently being treated but am still having trouble. My PTSD is a result of my childhood. My brothers went through a lot of the same things as me but seem to be doing just fine. I am the youngest and am still living with my mom and they have gotten away from everything. My counselor says that I am still living through my trauma because I am with my mother 24/7. She is a huge trigger for me. I have been forgetting to take my meds becasue of my sleeping schedule. It's like I am hiding all of this and I know it is only making things worse for myself. I just need someone close to me to understand so they can maybe help me.

• Posted

Marie

Talking to someone close can help although do you feel your Brothers are to close to your past especially if they were also effected.

I wa badly treated by family over the years and it took me up to sixty to move on away from my abusers. I moved out from home when I was around twenty eight although I still met up with family until my last course of CBT. I made some massive changes to my life and now none of my family know where I am, we disappeared. I wish I had moved on sooner rather than leaving it so long.

When you feel up to it you need to address your concerns and move on away from the triggers that made you the way you are. You will be given help and support, to help you take control of your life.

I found in my case all was to do with control of the people who hurt, you need to be able to move on from that control

Discuss your needs with your Councillor you will be able to pass any ideas you wish to try to move on in your life.

Good Luck

BOB

• Posted

Hi Marie, aw bless you I do understand I nearly snapped and walked into the path of a car almost 2 years ago, I couldn't cope with being raped any more so sought help. It was shxx, it still is. Seek help please and tell me when you do. Please for the sake of your sanity beg for help depending on what it is you may get some really good help. Bugger your family you need this. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.