Everything looks fake/ feeling crazy

Posted , 6 users are following.

So about two months ago something triggered anxiety and depression for me and i just got a therapist now, which i cant forgive myself for because i feel like i waited too long. Im seeing her once a week and she diagnosed me with acute symptoms of anxiety and depression. Everything feels so weird and odd and i dont remember what it feels like to be myself and i over-think and look up everything on the internet. I've never struggled with anxiety and depression, so as you can imagine its been causing a great deal of distress for me. I feel like my mind is foggy all the time and my thoughts are crazy and im ALWAYS thinking something negative about my relationship with my boyfriend or about how things wont get better. I've also been experiencing this feeling that everything around me is fake, especially when the sunsets or its night and it freaks me out!Also everything is weird and i feel like its because i think too much about it and i feel like i wont be able to go back to being normal. i am just so tired and want to know if someone is going through this/ has been through this and got out..

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I hope your anxiety resolves as quickly as it came on. I just wanted you to know that I also have increased anxiety when the sun goes down...not sure why. Feel better!

• Posted

thank you! i hope it goes away just as fast as well.. this has been affecting everything in my life 😦

• Posted

Im also very similar. Around 11pm every night i start getting anxious. I think it is because that is when we start relaxing, work is done, our jobs in the house are done. So when we sit down that's when we reflect on everything, think about everything which makes our anxiety worse. You do not need to forgive yourself, acknowledging you have anxiety and depression is hard let alone tackling it. If anything you should be proud of yourself.

Anxiety is tough,it mentally drains you. Everything you are experiencing is completely "normal" for someone who suffers with anxiety. Your mind goes foggy, making it difficult to think straight, which makes you feel like your going crazy which then impacts your anxiety. I had a nervous break down 12th of September 2017 and only now i am becoming more poisitive and you will too. Read up about mindfulness ,listen to meditation and cut all negativity out of your life. You will and can beat this xx

• Posted

yes... the anxiety is coming from my depression but it was all triggered by an event so im hoping that if i find the source of the trigger, i can start recovering. im going to a therapist but i have never in my life experienced something this difficult. its affecting my relationship, school, and entire life. i dont even remember what it feels like to be "normal ".. 😕 but thank you

• Edited

and it hurts to see someone happy for me atleast and bruh i cant even do my modules

• Edited

when things don’t look real it’s called depersonalization or derealization . very common with severe stress and anxiety. it wont hurt you. your brain is blocking out the world because its trying to reduce your stress.

with anxiety,

you are telling it you are in danger so it is responding. To protect you.

do you things to relax your mind . listen do you meditations on YouTube for anxiety , get counseling, take walks in nature, etc

stop overthinking.

• Posted

that sounds scary but it makes sense.. as my anxiety begins to go away will it also subside ? thank you

• Posted

and think about stopping overthinking 😕 , which is what im thinking about and feeling

• Edited

completely the same for me. i overthink things because of prolly my anxiety or depresesion and everything just feels so weird and fake like its like the though of something happening aint real and yeah like what you said its like the though of not going back to who you are is endless, completely the same for me. and its like everything you feel is just temporary and your emotions aint stable like it feels weird.i still know who i am yet i cant go back to normal and feel it... glad to hear someone like you exist though ;3 its been 8 months for me and i just didnt realize it before because theres still things keeping me from thinking about it thats why it developed slow but now that i realized it, its starting to get heavy for me and im thinking about blanking myself but il never do it anyways unless im being a pain to someone. i overthink that i cant become who i was before... i cant even laugh anymore yet cry for others ;3 (edit: i nearly recovered but some things happened and i forgot to grab that feeling i felt was normal and lost it and then i faced a more severe anxiety and depression, you can call it stage 2 of brain cancer ;3 )

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.