Everything was going well.😢

Posted , 4 users are following.

I will try to make this short. I have been on Citalopram 10 mg ever sense April of this year and I have been doing great. I was doing so great that I decided to start working out just two weeks ago and felt great doing it. But something happened, I decided to take a day off from working out and when I woke up the next day my whole upper body, well my arms, hands, and face where all tingly, burning, and numb feeling and really tense. So I figured I injured myself working out to hard but these sensation brought on more anxiety and racing thought and nothing seemed to help. So I decided to go to the emergency room and get checked out. He didn't even really look me over that well and told me it was Paresthesia and anxiety and told me to take over the counter medication for the pain and that it should get better in three days. Yeah right, three day went by and the numbing, tingling, and burning sensations just about completely went away but I was still getting a lot of tension and my back in between my neck and ribs were very sore. And with the tension it always makes me think that it is anxiety, so it made my anxiety worse as well, which started up unwanted thoughts and for some reason my anxiety medication was not helping. So I went to another walk in care clinic and at least this doctor checked me over and said that it was mostly likely a muscle strain-sprain and that my nerves and movement seemed fine. What I am trying to get at is I was feeling great before this injury and all my medications where working well for me, I just don't understand why they are not now. Is it caused by the injury and will I get better once I heal and will my medication start working for me again. And has anyone else experienced anything like this. I would greatly appreciate any and all advice I could possibly get. Feel like giving up!! 😢

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi

It is normal to have this i am 2.5 years in and i still have blips . It is horrible when u get it and u instantly think u r going back to the beginning but it does pass . Your medication is still working if u learn to go with the feeling it will pass

• Posted

More then likely the numb tingly feeling was from something minor that happened while working out. And because you experienced anxiety from that feeling it'll take a little time to heal, your mind is treating it as a trauma if that makes sense so give it a little while, even on meds when your mind feels trauma it reacts. Just keep doing what your doing and it should get better pretty quicky! The meds have not stopped working I'm sure. 😃

• Posted

Yeah it seems that way. I have been putting heat on the injured area and taking Tylenol every four hours and by the end of the day I felt almost back to my normal self. Thank you. I am going to keep up with the heat and Tylenol until I know that I am completely healed. 😊

• Posted

If you havent worked out in the past or have had a long break from exercise you're body isnt going to be used to it, just dont burn yourself when you work out, take it slow allow your body time to adjust to your exercise routines instead of going what i assume was 14days of exercise with no breaks, your body is going to be repairing and rebuilding muscle. Allow yourself to have 2-4 days off a week to recover so you dont burn yourself out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.