Everytime my roommate uses windex, i end up with really bad sinuses

Posted , 3 users are following.

So it's happened about 4 or 5 times now. He'll use windex to clean tables, counters, the stove, more than just windows. I don't really understand why but i just went along with it. I noticed each time he uses it, my sinuses will start acting up a day or two later. Why could this be happening? I was always ok using windex on windows as a child.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You can become allergic to things you never used to be. From the age of 17-22 I developed loads of allergies I never had before, then I grew out of a lot of them. I still have allergies but not as extreme and not as many.

Have you tried another brand that you are ok with? I am allergic to a group of chemicals in some cleaning products, so I check the ingredients of the ones that affect me and compare them with ones that don't and find out what it is I am sensitive to. It is annoying to start with, but then you can find a brand which works for you and you don't have to keep checking.

• Posted

it is called hypersensitivity reaction, you nose and sinuses may be become hypersensitive to materials of that Windex... they may change the contents of it , so you not get affected before but now it makes your nose stiff ...

try to put mask to avoid the effect .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.