EVLT

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just had the EVLT procedure yesterday. The procedure was more difficult and extremely painful. Got home and 18 hrs in I feel like the areas where he did the incesion are on fire and my knee and other areas are throbbing. I'm in tremendous pain. Can't sleep or eat. Advil nor tylenol is helping. I want to cry.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had both legs stripped last august, the first week is grim, but it does get better, getting up and about helps, the burning and soreness does get less after a few days
  • Posted

I just had EVLT and sclerotherapy in my left leg for extensive work in my calf, my small saphenous vein, their tributatires and another vein I think (within calf region). My vein was dialating to 9 mm. 

Let me say that the procedure ITSELF wssn't that painful but the nscisions (i had to have 2 because of scar tissue?) that was painful and the lidocaine injections. It's been about 8 hours and I feel like I've been stabbed. I've got my leg elevated but sleep? Please. 

I have slight reflux with a visible varicose vein in my right leg (very mild symptoms) and literally told my right leg, you better act right or this will happen to you.

I heard it could be some discomfort but right now it feels like I've had major surgery on my calf and the inside of my knee pit hurts excurating. 

Sorry for ranting i took 1000mg of tylenol @ 8pm and 600 mg of advil at 2 am. Here's to relief or an OD. 

If pain persist will call in morning to get some stronger meds. I'm a wuss I guess. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.