Evorel 50 patches

Posted , 4 users are following.

HI

I am using Evorel 50 patches, my doctor said if i have problems getting them, then i can go on the cream, can anyone tell me about this please.

many thanks

junie

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I was told only today by the pharmacist that these were unavailable. My doctor had changed my prescription to say Estradiol 50mcg, which is the active ingredient, rather that a specific brand, so that I could get whatever was available. The pharmacist seemed to think FemSeven 50mcg patches might be available, so will try them, if I can get them. I've been on patches for a long time and have never tried cream or gels. I'd prefer to stay with what I know works for me but would consider cream, if it was the only thing available.

It's all a bit of a nightmare, isn't it! Good luck and let us know how you get on.

• Posted

Yes it is a nightmare,

i am going to phone a few chemists and see if they can help, if not will have to try the cream, i also like to stay with what i know, but if i can't get the patches, will have to hope the cream is ok.

thanks for your reply.

junie

• Posted

I normally get mine from the chemist at Tesco - who have been very helpful (more so than the doctor at times) and I assume have access to various sources for medication. I've tried various brands since these shortages started - I was originally on Elleste solo 40mcg. I had to increase the dose, as no-one else seems to do 40mcg patch and a 37.5 (estrodot) wasn't enough to prevent symptoms coming back. The various 50mcg brands have been much the same - as long as they contain Estradiol 50mcg, they should be fine.

The pharmacist did suggest tablets but I really don't want to go down that path. The reason I went on patches in the first place was that the tablets made me feel queasy and I've since learned that patches are safer anyway.

Good luck! I'm just waiting for a call from Tescos to say if any patches are available...

• Posted

hi Junie

I am currently on the same patches and there is an issue with pharmacies getting themas there is a shortage, and it was announce a few weeks ago on a tv programme, but your doctor can prescribe an alternative, because that's what I've had to do until the issue is sorted

• Posted

I actually managed to get the patches my pharmacist said they were starting to get them back in again they were like gold dust I ran back to the doctors to change my prescription as gave me the gel ... has anyone used the gel and does it work please ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.