Evorel Conti - how long do side effects last?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Am just on Evorel Conti patches for a week. Am feeling low, bloated, irritable as if I am having PMT.

Prescribed by endo to help with thyroid issues.

Never had any classic symptoms of menopause, no sweats/flushes or sleep problems.

How long can the side effects last?

Thank you all?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello

Whatever type of HRT one takes, it can take a little while for your body to adjust to it and for you to get used to it.  Sometimes you have to try a few before you get one that suits you.  I've been on HRT for 17+ year but I do remember in the early days that I had several changes before finding one that suited.  I've never been given patches so don't know what that's like.  Some doctors don't wish to prescribe tablets because they have to be metabolised by the liver and they want to avoid that + some other possible risks.  HRT is a very personal choice and being informed is important so that women can be partners in their care.  All the best.  Lyn

• Posted

Lyn❤️

Thank you so much. I was surprised to have such intolerable side effects in such a short time. Have emailed my endo so hopefully I might have other options .

• Posted

Is it normal to try hrt for thyroid problems?  Is he trying to rule out menopause problems?  (Which you say you did not have!)

Maybe others have heard of it.  It also depends on how long you have been post menopause.  I have read that using hrt after a long delay after menopause causes problems, e.g. like the flawed study they did years ago.

• Posted

Sheryl, thank you.☺️

I think he has prescribed based on his experience of treating patients with similiar health problems. I have also read that lack of oestrogen contributes to hypothyroidism. My thyroid issues started as soon as my periods stopped.

• Posted

A big health issue that became evident after I had a full hysterectomy and stopped menstruating, was that I was loading iron.  It took 9 years to diagnose and a lot of damage was done.  It was haemochromatosis.  One of the issues caused by haemochromatosis, is thyroid problems.

To eliminate this as a possitibility requires an Iron Studies blood test.  Not only does it include serum iron, but also ferritin iron, transferrin saturation %, and TIBC.  Just an iron test as in a full blood count is not enough.

Also have your Vit D and B12 checked out if not done so already.  Vit D is actually a hormone, and if low, a practitioners brand of D3 drops is more effective, as is B12 injections if that is low.

Good luck.

• Edited

Hello,

I started on HRT just over a year ago now. First option suggested by GP was evorel conti patches which i tried for about a month and having not had a period for a year i was not liking having long heavy bleeding for most of the month.

Tried other combinations of HrT in the form of pills & patches, gel and pill, having a week off for 7 days of the month from the progesterone pill, a once a week combi patch which gave me an allergic reaction....So now they've put me back on the evorel conto patch which ive been on for a month and am on day 14 of a continuous bleed! Its so draining and i am at the point of would i rather have hot sweats all night and not sleep or bleed for unknown lengths of time?

I've been feeling pretty rubbish since on this and don't know how much longer i can persevere with it before my body adapts?

Any advice would be gladly appreciated!

Im 56. Fit, healthy, active and on no other meds.

I want to be one of those women who says "OMG, I'm on HRT and i feel amazing!" Not i feel crap and have an apparent permanent period!

TIA

Gina

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.