Evorel conti problems

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi can anyone advise me please, I've been on Evorel conti for the last 12 months but recently my hot flushes have returned and I've been plagued with a very hot embarrassing red face, it looks like a child that is teethingšŸ˜” I'm thinking of returning to my GP to see if the dose needs increasing. Has anybody experienced this , and if so what do I do. I've recently lost a stone in weight and am planning on losing another, I've cut down the red wine to about 3 glasses a week, so I feel I'm doing everything right any ideas ladiesĀ 

thanks Vicki

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Did you know fat cells produce estrogen so losing weight can drop estrogen levels further so your hrt won't be as effective. I'm trying to lose weight following years of pain and an op and lots of comfort eating to cheer me up and i was warned that this could happen to me by someone one here. I've still got plenty of fat reserves to go yet lol
    • Posted

Hi froggy

Didn't know this will google it wondering now if this is the cause of my re occurring hot flushes, I still have another 1 and 1/2 stone to loose yet just hope these flushes don't get worse, think I will take a trip to gp though it's getting me down

• Posted

Were you started on a low dose that could be increased? It could be natural levels dropping too. Gp will advise so hope things are sorted and you feel better soon.
    • Posted

Yes they always start you on lowest dose don't they? Two years ago I was on the patches and they stopped working so I came off them coped for about twelve months had a hip op and symptoms came back with avengence so now back on them but looks like same thing happening! didn't increase dose last time just stopped them by reducing the patch (cutting them in half) before eventually coming off them, might see if dr suggests increase in dose, sick of this menopause lark just want to feel normal!!!!
  • Posted

I was on Livial for 7 years then suddenly the hot flushes returned. I went to see my G P and she changed me to another tablet. Everything was okay tor 7 months when morning flushes returned. Changed to another tablet and hoping that things will be okay .I would go and see your doctor
    • Posted

Thanks for that rosielee yes that's my plan woke this morning with a red facešŸ˜” not pleasant xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.