EVOREL SEQUI FOR A YEAR-BACK TO LOW MOOD & CRYING

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

Ive been on Evorel 50 for a year, couple of months ago i began having mood swings, low mood and crying a lot. My dr tried me with Fem 7 mood lifted the next day but began to go downhill again. After a week dr took me off that and doubled my dose of evorel by me wearing 2 patches. Agan mood lifted initially but tears returned. By day 4 i had such terrible heavyness/pain in my head which tablets wouldnt shift so on day 5 i took 1 patch off. My head cleared within a couple of hours and the rest of that day i felt totally like my old self again. 2 days after that i got really anxious out shopping and was in tears when i got home.

I spoke with my dr and she wants me to increase my anti depressants which i dont want to do as you feel numb on a higher dose. Have just shed more tears this morning, not good.

Has anyone else had low mood/tears return whilst on their hrt or still feel this way on hrt?

I would really appreciate to hear of sny similiar experiences...truly feel like im going mad at times.

Many thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Mine's some what similar. I was on elleste solo 6yr then by accident in forget to take it last March 2016 on holiday. So I decided to see if I could manage and I could. Until about 3weeks ago. And I feel like you crying and very emotional. My gp as offered my hrt back but first I've signed up for course of Healthy Minds via my gp.

• Posted

Hi gayle thank you so much for replying...you have done so well being off ur hrt, my worry is the fact that i am still on it and feel this way, did you ever still feel low and tearful whilst on ur hrt? I hope the Healthy Minds course works for you, take care.
    • Posted

Hi angela

No whilst on hrt I was good. Perhaps you need a different one .

Mention the one I was on ..Elleste solo to your gp , see if that works for you. Good luck

• Posted

Hi Gayle, thank you for your reply, it is something i can look into. My dr did try me on Fem7 and wearing double patches neither were any good in making me feel any better.

Hope you are still doing well.

Angela

• Posted

Hi Angela, I'm on HRT and going through this. I was put on Evorel 50 after my full hysterectomy. I seemed to be ok for the first 2 years but after that all the menopausal issues started including low moods/tears/depression. They also tried me on double patches but that didn't help. I came off them completely for a few months but didn't help. I've ended up on bio identical hormones which seemed to help for first couple of months but then the low moods & everything else came back. I normally wake up full of fear dread and sadness and it's doesn't 'lift' until early afternoon. I continously try new ways and foods/vitamins to lift my spirits but this pattern of feeling low all morning til afternoon just won't shift. From what I've learnt I think it's because our hormones are fluctuating all the time. I guess our bodies need time to work it all out. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi Liz, thank you so much for replying, how are you doing now? I am having terrible days, waking with the anxious feeling in my chest, wanting to cry, i just about manage to hold off until i get the girls to school-i have a 7 and 6 year old. When i am having my crying spells i feel like i am losing my mind and have some truly awful thoughts, do you feel anything like this? I have lost confidence in myself and find it difficult going out at times, i dont want to interact just feel miserable most of the time. Just a few weeks ago i felt nowhere near as bad as this had my good days, it has escalated so quickly its scary. Unfortunately i had to incresse my anti depressant so now i dont know if the crying is menopause, side effect of the tablet or both.

I had read on the menopause forum that high dose B6 was good for mood, meant to balance hormones. I tried it but felt it was working against whatever the patches are trying to do and bringing on hot flushes, probably not connected at all just how i felt, definitely flushed more after it.

I dont know about you Liz but i honestly dont know how im going to continue like this for years it is such an unbearable way to live your life. I meant to ask you, when your feelings lift in the afternoon do you then go back to feeling like your normal self again?

Hope to hear back from you, take care, Angela.

• Posted

Hi Angela, it's been a seemingly never ending cycle..at its worst for past 2 years. I get some seriously low days feeling like I can't cope with it all anymore. Yes I get the horrible thoughts on regular basis and chest anxiety multiple times a day...i would say 80% of every day. Yes it's a cycle I noticed..(ive been anslysing my symptoms for months & have now realised i go through a regular pattern) I get about 2 or 3 hours of feeling normal in the afternoon...as long as I don't overdo it in the morning.

I just keep relentlessly doing rituals, eating foods/vitamins I have learnt help (has been trial & error) to try and support my body and mind through this (including b vitamins and chelated magnesium, other things feel free to message me privately) have to say over the past few days for the first time in at least 6 months I feel a little more in control. I had some great advice a while back about deep breathing through the anxiety, "centering yourself" before or during the anxiety symptoms and telling myself to "trust my body it knows what to do" its just menopause and also importantly slowing down wherever and whenever possible....all this stuff has been taking me months of practice but I'm wondering if it's starting to work...today I've had the usual morning of horrible feelings and symptoms but somehow haven't felt as desperate as I normally do (I'm 2 weeks into taking red clover too..could be helping) Hang on in there I know it's so hard but other women have confirmed it does all balance out in the end xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.