Evorel Sequi patches doubled, now on conti patch and feel really terrible again. Please help

Posted , 12 users are following.

I was told to double my patches by the hrt clinic. After 2 weeks on the Evorel 50 patch the crying had eased off a good bit, anxiety had lessened and i got a couple of better days. Day 2 of Evorel Conti patch i wakened to the morning crying again and have been crying off and on all day. Mood has dropped dramatically again, not a hint of i feel ok, cant be bothered/interested in anything. Im at my wits end with all of this, was going to phone the hrt clinic this morning and ask to be changed to something else but thought id be given the stock reply of you need to give it time, 8-12 wks so didnt ring. I cant carry on like this, affecting my relationship with my children-aged 7 and 6 yrs.

Please any advice would be appreciated, i am now desperate!!!

2 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm so sorry that you're feeling so bad Angela, but there's nothing I can say which will make it any easier I'm afraid.

Everything I've read suggests that it can take up to 3 months to feel the benefit of an HRT medication.  I don't know anything about the patches, but as you're feeling so bad I'd certainly go back to your GP and talk to her.  There may be non-HRT medication which can help alleviate some of your symptoms until the HRT kicks in properly.

I wish you good luck!

• Posted

Hi zibbyl thanks for replying. When i spoke to the clinic last week they said 8-12 wks. Going to make an appointment with my gp see if she will do bloods for me, the clinic havent mentioned doing bloods at all.
  • Posted

Hi Angela, I do feel for you, this happened to me a couple of years back, i was taking HRT felt great then all the symptoms came back. My Dr put my HRT up to a higher dose, i felt the effects after three to four weeks. Felt really great on them. Had to come off them for a while re op. Now back on them for just over two weeks & just feeling they are kicking in, it's  very subtle.smile

• Posted

Hi Angela, sorry to hear you are suffering so much. I have been on Evorel Conti/Sequi patches for just over a year and have been fine. We are all different & maybe you need to try another brand. I suppose I was lucky as I only had a couple of flushes at night time, no other symptoms. I tried various herbal remedies first but am ok with this patch. perhaps ask about the gel or soemthing but don't be fobbed off!! Good luck, let us know how it goes.

• Posted

Have you tried swapping to a pill rather than a patch? I'm on Angeliq and it is now working for me. Took a while but I'm back on track. No mood swings, anxiety. Odd night sweats but I can cope with that x

• Posted

Hi michelle thanks for ur reply. I tried tablets at one stage last year cant remember which ones but felt thoroughly depressed on them. Think the patches have less side effects tho saying that at the moment with double strength progesterone it isnt nice with low mood, headaches, agitated etc.. Would just like to find an hrt that has more benefits than not!!
  • Posted

Hello Ladies

Thank god for these forums.

I've been on Femoston for a month but crying spells are still happening. I'm still not keen to take a tablet form of HRT though. This morning I have been prescribed Everol Sequi and Everol Conti 50mg patches but wont be able to start for a month on my next period. I'm 45 and still having regular periods started having PeriM symptoms 7/8 months ago.

I've heard very mixed reviews about this brand of patches particularly that they can make your mood much worse. I worried and would really appreciate knowing other womens experiences thus far in using.

Thanks again.

• Posted

Hi Angela I know it is a while since you posted this but I appear to be having the same symptoms and this is the first post I have come across where I have realised someone else is the same!  When I put my Evorel 50 patch on I feel absolutely fine but then after going onto the Conti patch (2 weeks after) I can feel my mood change and I become really low and anxious again and very grouchy.  I have found I have even been having the night sweats and bad dreams - is this all similar to you?  I have wanted to go back to my GP but thought they might think I am bonkers so have just got on with it.  I have been on the patches for about 7 months now.  Did you get sorted out?  Did you just end up on the Evorel 50 patch only?  I would be very grateful if you could reply as seeing your post has made me feel slightly positive it is the patches and not actually 'me' if that makes sense.  Thank you. x

• Edited

i seem to be coming across old post but if u could give me some advice as i'm on evorel patches & wake up with headaches & then get so bad my mood changes i cry about 6/8 times a day could my body is just weak & getting aches & pain in my joins also hot flushes thru day that raising a head rush thats also bring my headaches i'm 43 & peri just wondering how long did it take for any of the ladies above to started feeling better of the patches?

• Posted

hiya

i was really struggling with evorol conti patches

made me moodier, bleed heavily, headache, insomnia worse!

so i figured the dose was too high, i asked my gp for a lower patch and he said they where all about the same

so i read up on it and cut my patch in half!

I am now much much better, i feel amazing

hope this helps someone!!

best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.