Evorel side affects

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all

I have been on Evorel since May and in the past couple of weeks have been upgraded from the 50 to 75.

But now am feeling rubbish and was wondering if anyone else had these possible side affects and what they did about them (off HRT completely, take something else etc??) :-

Dizziness

Fatigue

Limbs feeling heaving

Chest pains/like anxiety or panic attack and now today getting palpitations

Have removed the patch for now until I see doctor but wondered if any of you lovely ladies out there have any thoughts on it

Thanks x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Has the oestrogen level gone up? When I started HRT I was put on a level that was too high and within a few weeks had chest pain, couldn't get my breath properly, anxiety - it all calmed down almost immediately once the oestrogen level was lowered x

• Posted

Yes in the last couple of weeks.  

I have removed the patch and will get to the doctors as soon as poss.

Thanks x

• Posted

Hi

How did you know your estrogen was too high? What were your symptoms?

• Posted

?You could try cutting thin slices off the patch, to lower the estrogen level slightly. My Gyn consultant said to try this, I've heard GPs are loathe to suggest doing it, even though, for some women, it may be the best way of using the patches.

• Posted

Hi, I've been through this! I cut very thin slivers off my patch and it has taken memonths for my body to adjust. Too much oestrogen made me feel ill. Very sore breasts, break through bleeds, amxiety.. pretty crap time. But once I started to cut down things got better. I hope this helps.

• Posted

Sorry to hear of your problems. I am 67 and been on Evorel 50/sequi for about 18 months & feel great. Maybe you should have given the lower one a bit longer, takes a few months. No side effects but maybe I have just been lucky.

good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.