Ex gallbladder nausea

Posted , 4 users are following.

had this removed three years ago due to a couple of stones. gp thought it could have been left as i never had an attack but surgeon said best get rid.

so since i have had regularly nausea which just wont abate and is feeling worse nowadays. dr says could just be anxiety. any other gallbladder people comment if this is just how it will be. i cant face more poking around inside if they dont know what it is, would a ct scan confirm?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ann, I keep hearing about this but is it as bad as the pain and nausea that come with gallstones?

• Posted

no, its worse nausea but ive never had gallbladder pain so cant answer that

• Posted

hi ann,

i had my gallbladder out 7 months ago, and i've had nausea that won't go away. i also only had stones, i never had a attack. i developed the nausea and couldn't hold food down, thats how they discovered the stones cause they did a CT scan in the ER. i had emergency surgery. the nausea has lessened a little, but won't completely go away. i also have loss of appetite, i have to force myself to eat, but i'm losing weight. right after the surgery i thought i was going to die, i even scared my husband cause i couldn't hold any food down. i lost 25lbs in 3 months. i survived on protein shakes. my doctor put me on Mirtazapine which is a anti anxiety med but its also a appetite stimulant so the medicine made me hungry so i started gaining weight but after a few months, it stopped working. i also contracted c Diff which is a bacterial infection of the colon. i think i got it one of the many trips to the ER. i was even hospitalized for 2 days because of it. i took antibiotics for it so i pray that it's gone. i feel weak and shaky. i've been eating bland for 7 months now. i miss food. i haven't been back to work yet. my GI gave me zofran and phenagren but it only takes the edge off, doesn't take it away completely. my heart rate also stays above 100 now. i can feel it pounding sometimes.

my GI has did bloodwork, CT scans, x rays, MRI, upper endoscopy. everything comes back normal. she wants to do a barium swallow test next, but i don't have insurance so i can't afford the test so i'm trying to get financial assistance. she said she may also do a colonscopy.

i'm now depressed because of all of this. i cry just about everyday. it's tourture to know everyday i will wake up sick. i pray everyday that i will feel better and be normal again. i feel for you. i've only been dealing with this 7 months, but you've had it 3 years. how do you have strength everyday? there's been many times where i've told my husband i can't go on. i'm phyically and emotionally exhausted.

• Posted

i can agree with all you say. i also tried mirtazapine but it made me feel worse and i hated taking it. i blame the drs for putting me in this position and i now have anxiety too. i can only eat certain foods and my life us ruined. depression and crying was never part of my life i was fine before. i really dont have an answer to all this im afraid. the more tests the worse it seems to get. its like being a guinea pig. my best wishes you may feel better, its hard dealing with bad doctors.

• Posted

Hi Ann, I had my gallbladder out just over 2 years ago due to it not working properly. I've been feeling nauseous after eating with strong pain on the left underneath the ribcage, my gp originally thought I might have stomach ulcers but an endoscopy showed that I have gastritis and duodenitis but also bile reflux which after some research the bile is the cause. Apparently its very common after gallbladder removal that bile can back up into the stomach and cause problems. A retired gp also told me that its common after this surgery to end up with gastroparesis which is the stomach not passing food out quickly enough so staying in the stomach for too long and having symptoms such as nausea, vomiting etc.

A Ct scan would only show thickening of the stomach but it would show if you've got any stones stuck in the bile duct and at least this is one test that is pretty painless!! So at least some things could be ruled out.

Let me know how you get on.

• Posted

i was ok for a couple of years but flare of bile a id diarrhoea now. dr doesnt seem concerned yet, gave me gaviscon which seems to make it worse. im depressed about it all. can you tell me what would be helpful to eat during this flare up

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.