Exactly 24 hours after surgery! I can't believe I've done it!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went down to theatre at 7.34am and was fully awake being wheeled back to my room at 10.00am 😊.

I've has a little pain... more of a heavy feeling in my upper stomach and been burping which is a little bit uncomfortable other then that everything has gone fine... did my first injection this morning as well 😊.

Thanks guys for all your pre op advice x

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Well done and congratulations x if you need any support this is defo the hands on forum very very helpful smile
    • Posted

Thank you shelley!

Did your port wound hurt more then the rest?

X

• Posted

Hi

first few days it was shoulder pain and just general ache from the wounds it's the bruising smile yep the port wound us the most sensitive even now a little tender to touch but nothing at all that is worth talking about x 

you will be fine next few days r the worst x all up hill from day 4 x

try n rest n but move about frequently to shift the wind x

• Posted

Yeh I have a little bit of wind pain mainly when I lay down, peppermint tea and windeze seems to be helping.

My port wound is quite sore atm so im taking it easy.

How long ago was ur band fitted? And how much weight have u lost so far?

X

• Posted

Hi

3 weeks ago today and today I returned to work full time without any problems smile so far 15 lb due to be weighed again friday I have my band fill on the 10th February, gripe water will become your best friend lol smile

Try and get a good nights sleep it really does make all the difference

smile

• Posted

I return bk to full time work on Monday but I only work in a office so ill be sitting down for best part of the day.

Omg well done 15lb!!! I bet ur over the moon.

Thank you so much for ur help hun x

• Posted

Hi hun,

Im feeling ok... I can sleep on my side now which is a bonus! This liquid diet is killing me I can't wait to be on puree food, still got a week and a half to go tho 😔 x

• Posted

Yea that's tuff to be honest I went into purée about day 9 x just took tiny amounts n all seemed ok x glad ur doing ok x I've got a pain today in my lower left side below the portal not sure what it is feels like a stitch a type of dull ache I'm just waiting for the nurse to get back to me x
    • Posted

It may just be the muscle healing? Hopefully they will get back to you soon. What company did u have ur band done with if u don't mind me asking? X
  • Posted

Your probably right smile

hospital group x they we're really good

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.