Exausted and feel rubbish

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ugh feel so drained and tired of almost everything at the moment, the smallest little thing irritates me!

I am not sleeping very well due to chronic back pain, i am taking meds but this time of year is the hardest for me! sad

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Dear Dawn,

I do sympathise. Those disagreeable symptoms sound like common effects of depression. The meds may stabalise your mood but the fatigue can remain. At least, that is what I have found. Plus, any stress and I am worse for a few days.

• Posted

You can  purchase a lamp that mimics the summer sun, cannot remember its name.

When you awake you put this lamp on and it can change your mood. You can get them sometimes LIDL or ALDI. Some chemists also stock these light and alarm clock. Sorry I cannot rmember the name of the lamp the simulation seems to work and it lifts up your mood

BOB

• Posted

Hi its a daylight bulb i have onebut makes no difference apart from splitting migraines! thanks though.
  • Posted

I have a disability that effects my back and joints, I take Pain medications and use a TENS Machine, you can purchase them in BOOTS, although  I find getting them from a company called BODY CLOCK has a good selection of different machines. They are easy to use and your GP Surgery may train you in there use. If you are Registered Dasabled they will also refund you the VAT. I use these machines as a nerve blocking device. Discuss these machines with the hospital Rhumi or GP

BOB

• Posted

Oddly enough i got given one to try for a week and only used it twice and refused to use it as it made my pain far worse than it was.

Needless to say i returned that on to the supplier. I am waiting for an MRI to see if there is anything going on.

• Posted

if you are not using the TENS correctly  they can really give out a kick

When you use a TENS  attach the pads to one side of the pain and the other on the other side. There should be six inches between pads.

When you turn the machine on slowly turn up the amplitude till it is just uncomfortable, reduce the amplitude so you are comfortable with the sensation. Now with the frequency increase that until it is uncomfortable, then reduce that. If the machine has a modulation you follow the above setting so that feels comfortable. If the machine has a beat frequency again adjust that until th sensation is comfortable. The machine is now adjusted. Go back and adjust the machine again and so all becomes comfortable again, continue the treatment for over an hour or when you have had enough. Take a rest. I have several machines and they do work.

Using the TENS is very easy, Your GP will arrange some trainig for you.

BOB

• Posted

I have had the training at the hospital for this but it is not for me hende i sent it back.
  • Posted

This time of year is hard on everyone. Holidays seem to emphasize the lonlieness that we feel and our own isolation. It also brings family stressors to a head. This has never been a good time for me either. especially now since my depression has gotten so bad. I feel tired all the time, also. It takes me an entire day just to get up enough motivation and energy to get a few household tasks accomplished.

All we can do is try to muddle through as best we can. Keep reaching out. Try not to isolate. Remember to take care of yourself. Be gentle with yourself.

At times, the best you can do is get through an hour at a time, which is how I manage my morning. Anymore than that & it gets overwhelming. 

• Posted

Thanks that is how i feel most mornings, when i am at work i am busy get home then i have thoughts running through my head all the time.

Sadly the one person who i can talk too is no longer with us and it hurts all the time.

thanks and best wishes for you too.

• Posted

It really sucks when the person you relied on is no longer there, for whatever reason. 

I'm not working anymore. And with my anxiety, it's hard to push myself to go on interviews. Working is good because you're just focused on your job. But yeah, when you come home, it all comes flooding back, just in time to keep you up at night. My mind never shuts off. 

Hugs to you. I hope you can find someone new who you trust enough to help you through the rough times.

• Posted

Hi yes that is exactly what happens.

I have a good friend who i speak to and i have my journal so that helps me a lot.

thanks and hugs for you also smile

• Posted

Keep your chin up and tomorrow is another day so try not to focus on the negative aspects of your life at this time and hope for better days ahead!
  • Posted

I know it's easy to say and hard to do but it's really all we can do, I've been weening off Mirtazapine and everyday has been a struggle for me also as withdrawal from these drugs can be so hard. I wish you luck and hope the best for you!

• Posted

thanks i have no intention of stopping the drugs for now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.