Excellent stem cell treatment for total knee replacement

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a fantastic complete knee replacement using stem cells over 3 years ago  which did not involve a large cut. It was carried out by Prof. Anan Sherry at the private Spire Hospital in Chatham. Happy to share experience!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

That sounds interesting ,are you able to explain,the difference between the two different types of operations?
  • Posted

Hi Sue I would be very interested to know more about your procedure. I actually investigated stem cell therapy for my knee early this year. I was told that due to my knee being bone on bone as the cartilidge on the inner medial compartment was worn away that stem cell wasn't an option. I went on to have a partial knee replacement in June this year. I have severe pain in my other knee now and do not want to have to go through another replacement. I would love to hear about an alternative.

I look forward to knowing more Sue.

Thanks in advance 

• Posted

The difference is that the operation is done using keyhole and avoids large cut across muscles. They put a scaffold on the bare bone and inject your own stem cells into it. The stem cells start to grow into new cartlelidge. At six months and a year I could see that the cart ledge have completely repaired. Amazing! I did go privately and only a few hospitals do this operation.

• Posted

I too went privately to the spire in Leeds. Thanks for the information I will look into it and your surgeon. 
    • Posted

Good luck It was the best decision I could of made. Professor Shetty is excellent! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.