Excema

Posted , 2 users are following.

Recently i have had a bad flare up of my excema, this is causing me alot of pain and sleepless nights. I cannot stop the itching and all emolient creams i have tried just sting my skin. My mum has dust proofed my bedroom and there are no pets in the house. This is causing me much distress and the sooner the cure to the pain is foud the better. i am also using cortisone cream on the badly flared up bit and its has a calming effect for about 10 mins sad this is making me ashamed of my arms, legs, belly, face... just everywhere and it is stopping me from wanting to go out with my friends.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i have noticed that if i use fake tan or any creams with an alcohol or perfume that it will flare up and if i drink vodka it flares up sad
  • Posted

i am 25, when i was 17 i pretty much had it all over my body..was ruining my life..my skin was also weeping. I used to go to bed and wake up with blood stains on my bed sheet from scratching at night. I took a herbal remedy which basically made my skin peel..once i took that i saw a vast improvement. However it was not until i went on holiday to malaysia that i came back with no itching/ weepy skin. The humidity in that country helped soooo much.

Ever since i have kind of managed to keep my skin under control. i regularly moisturise and use baby wash's for my skin and hair.

i still have scars..but i regularly moisturise with vit e oil and paraffin before i go to bed

i hope this helps

• Posted

vodka is a toxin..so thats whats prob causung the flare up. TRy and avoid alcohol as much as u can..ull reap the benefits.

Alchol dries the skin and is found in many toners..try and avoid any creams/lotions with alcohol.

• Posted

I do sympathise - I am 58 years old and have had eczema on and off all my life, sometimes with severe flare ups such as you describe. I hope yours improves as you get older - it does seem to for most people.

I too have a lot of trouble sleeping sometimes because of the severe itching and if its particularly bad I have found that taking a couple of Iboprufen tablets just before I go to bed helps reduce the pain and the itching just enough to help me to sleep. I also try to apply my creams and emollients about an hour before bedtime so that my skin has a chance to settle down and the creams start to work.

I hope that helps you.

• Posted

hey

i've lived with excema for the past 10 years of my life and its really annoying. my mother just thinks it can be ignored. I get excema on my elbow areas behind my kness, on the back of my neck, across my chest, and occasionally on my shins and eyes. To me it seems the cream help heal the cuts but don't stop the itching. the creams also turn your skin a pale colour and im not sure if you just let them heal themselves wether they leave scars but don't take away the pigment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.