Excercise

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

I am 12 weeks post TKR, l do knee bending excercise for 10 mins and cycling for 15 mins once a day is this enough.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi jonkee,

I am 5 months post op on second TKR. I was given an exercise set to do 3 times per day. So once a day sounds like not enough.

How is the bend coming along? Also what is the physio saying? He/She are the experts.

My routine is reps of 10-15 of leg lifts; heel slides; leg straightening etc. If you look on YouTube you will see these. But the physio is the professional.

Take care,

Alan

• Posted

I am 31/2 months post o.o tkr.I go to gym 3 times a week do leg presses wall squats and hamstring curls plus bike 10 minutes.This is working for me just released from therapy yesterday.Good luck to you
  • Posted

I would ask a therapist about the routine. You might want to think of doing stretching routine one day, strengthening the next day and take one day off for complete rest. Doing the same thing day in and day out just benefits one group. If you were to start from scratch at a gym, you would never be recommended doing the same thing every day. As far a cycling that is just a warm up routine. You should possibly include walking (Definately not running or jogging at this point) or water aerobics or swimming if possible. Excercise is like a diet, you wouldn't eat the same food every day in the same quantity.

• Posted

I'm  11 weeks now and do knee bend exercises , cycling, walking my dog and also told by my consultant to go swimming. This is ok, as I walk up and down the pool and when I get to the end of the pool I hold onto the edge, then lift up both legs and bring in each knee. Normally do 20 at each end. Not to bad this as water keeps it light.

Its a long slow process this operation.

Always Ice your knee after exercise.

Sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.