Excercise advice xx

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hello. I'm now 8 weeks post op from Rectocele repair and doing ok. I was wondering if anyone knew if it would be ok for me to get back on the cross trainer now? Xxx

0 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I've had same op and I am 15 weeks post op. I really wouldn't risk your repair, you are not allowed to push a Hoover until at least 12 weeks so I wouldn't even think about any sort of resistance training yet it's too early.

I and a few people on here swim and walk, which is fine to do as its low impact, no jogging, jumping etc

Sorry to say all this but you need to heal properly and not put yourself under any risk as nobody would want you to go through this again.

Very best wishes Mik xx

• Posted

Thankyou so much for your advice I definitely won't be attempting it. I've been feeling really good had a busy week last week and feeling it today ?? not feeling good about myself atm so wanted to back to it but another couple of weeks isn't going to hurt. Thankyou for replying xx

• Posted

Omg  do not start that sort of excersize, I was with my surgeon Tuesday and have only been doing three walks round the block and she told me to stop one of them and slow down

i had A&P 9 weeks ago

take care of yourself and all the good work the surgeon has done for you

• Posted

Hi I had A&P 10 wks ago and was told it's ok to swim, cycle on flat and things like pirates or yoga as all low impact. Haven't tried any yet as still don't t feel ready but everyone heals suffer welt but I'd imagine resistance things are a no. X

• Posted

FI, I can't understand why some consultants say ok to use bike when you can't even Hoover? Surely if you can't hoover then a bike must be heavier, I don't think I could sit on a bike even at my stage in recovery.

Take good care of yourself. Mik xx

• Posted

I think it must be coz with a Hoover you have the suction and resistance but on a bike as long as not going up hills there is no strain. I don't know I just asked if it was allowed and both consultant and physio said it was allowed. Mind at 10wks my vag still isn't ready for a bike seat. Haha. More healing first. So awimming it is for now.

• Posted

The thought of getting on a bike, even with a padded seat and squeezing myself into my sporty daughter's padded cycle shorts ( unlikely !) , is making my eyes cross atm ! 

• Posted

Just had a telling off from my husband he's not allowing it lol. I just feel so rubbish about myself ?? xxx

• Posted

It does get you down not being able to do things. It's funny but when fit and well we probably crave a chance to sit and do nothing and now we have it we complain. Haha. X

• Posted

Take it easy chic, the operation makes you emotinoly and I don't think anything can prepare you for this xx

• Posted

I'm the same, I do a bit more then get emotional all as I tire. I can't keep up with my 80 year old mum. I'm trying to keep my sense of humour bit so.eyimes crying seems to be my only option. However it's still better than before the op when I was going down hill every day. Chin up and try to stay positive.

• Posted

Not heard of that technique. I had the bladder Ali g attached and mine has worked too. No panty liners!!!!! Yey!!! Been yrs with them. It's great. X

• Posted

Meant to say bladder sling!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.