Excess mucus in sinuses for years. Need advice.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had excess mucus that builds up in my sinuses for a couple years now. Most of the time it's just green mucus and I have to spit it out of my mouth. Every couple months I'll spit up hard chunks of greenish/brown mucus daily for a couple weeks. I wake up with congestion and a sore throat basically every morning. I have tonsil stones occasionally.

I use a warm steam humidifier every night and rinse out my sinuses with Neil-med twice a day. I've tried every allergy medicine and prescription nasal spray along with ipratropium bromide. Nothing seems to work. I've seen 3 ENT's and had allergy tests and nothing out of the ordinary came up, just normal allergies that most people have.

Most recently, I had my adenoids removed. That didn't seem to do anything to my symptoms. I drink alcohol maybe twice a week and smoke marijuana once or twice a week (usually vaping it, not smoking). I don't smoke cigarettes.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any suggestions?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It sounds like we have a very similar problem which really sucks. I just had my adenoids revmoved 3 weeks ago and i coughed up one of my mucous balls (that's what I call them LOL). Do yore look like this by chance?image

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.