Excess sweating with pcos :(

Posted , 2 users are following.

I just recently got diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome 2 months ago and I am on the dianette pill to help with my symptoms, which most of my symptoms seem better but I am finding it really hard to deal with the excess sweating. I don't even have to do much and I end up in a pool of sweat or I can be in a shop that's warm and it'll come over me for no reason. I can put the thinnest clothes on too and loads of deodorant but nothing helps sad it's getting me really down, I feel disgusting all the time and have to wash loads and I feel like people stare. It's horrible sad can anyone recommend anything that might help? I'm due to see my doctor in a month for a check up so I'm defo mentioning it to her. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey i do sweat more but i put that down to weight gain. Myself are not of Dianette but be very careful as they have been banned in some parts of europe for the high risks they carry
    • Posted

Ok thanks em, I'm due to see my doctor again in a month for a check up, she did tell me all the risks of been on it tho and I do know it's one of the strongest pills, I do find its helping my symptoms, like hair growth and acne and energy etc but I'm just fed up of this excessive sweating, it's starting to get down, I don't wanna leave the house some days cos I don't want people seeing me a sweaty hot mess sad

i don't know if my weight isn't helping it, I dont think I'm overweight but my bmi was 27 when it should be 25 so I'm just slightly over, I am trying to lose weight as I've never been happy with it but it's so hard to with pcos sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.