Excessive bleeding on desogestrel mini pill

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've been having issues with various types of contraception now since the end of 2015 and I'm fed up.

Most recently (August 2018) I had the coil taken out cus I had awful side effects mainly lots of bleeding, mood swings. Then I started on the mini pill as I can’t have the normal one. The clinic gave me Feanolla which I had for 3 months and I had 2 periods which seemed normal of length etc.

I went back to get further supplies and they gave me “Desogestrel” which they said was the same (but it’s cheap and imported from Spain). All I know is that since I started taking that in November, I’ve been bleeding more than before. Heavily, sometimes prolonged and with awful stomach cramps.

I’ve got my wedding day coming up and I really don’t want to be bleeding on that day as I will be paranoid of leakage!

Should I go to my doctors and see what they suggest? I want to stop taking it and use condoms but I don’t want to get pregnant any time soon 😦

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.