excessive burping/passing gas, palpitations

Posted , 5 users are following.

ive been having palpitations on and off that lasts hours at a time, ive been burping excessively/passing gas for about 3 weeks now. i also deal with indigestion stomach rumbling, gnawing hunger pain, etc. i took zantac for about 2 weeks and i mostly had bananas oats rice chicken (not fried) vegetables etc but i still hve the same problem. i have gerd for a while but i never had palpitations with it not that i can recall. not sure if its my anxiety but these palps just started after i ate a food that completely set off my gerd and ever since ive been having shortness of breath urges to stool etc.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

have you been tested for anything? I had the same symptoms for years and was told it was ibs to eventually find it was h.pylori and gastritis.

excessive burping, passing gas, gerd, bloating, constipation was all my symptoms of h.pylori, maybe get an endoscopy

• Posted

do yk what caused it? i first had gerd after takin iron pills for a long time & having too much citrus. then months ago i started getting bad stomach pains that got better once i eat and i would only get pains when eating certain foods but i got disgnosed with gastritis without an endoscopy

• Posted

I don't think they can diagnose gastritis without having a look inside you're stomach, which is redness, inflammation of the lining and something causes the gastritis as in my case h.pylori caused the gastritis, a bacteria that that buries itself into you're stomach lining.

you're symptoms sound very familiar, as foods like dairy, citrus, spicy can irritate the gastritis further so it's ideal to cut those foods out while in recovery but first you need to find out whats causing the gastritis if that's the case and only way that is done is by getting an endoscopy, which you're doctor should refer you to you're local hospital.

if you need to ask anything else you are more than welcome.

• Posted

definitely get an endoscope done..I had one done that revealed mild bile reflux..gastritis. I can identify with many of your symptoms. it WILL get better. .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.