excessive facial hair HELP!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have pcos and have tried everything to get rid of the hair. I feel like such a man I have a beard and a moustache at the moment im using an electric shaver but my 'beard' has started to feel horrible. im so self conscious. non of my family know I shave so I cant even ask them for advice. iv hear of hair removal creams like nair does it work on beards or is it more for small areas like moustaches? any help im desperate and no I cant talk to my GP or friends or family. please help!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi i know the feeling try nair or jolene hair removal thats what i use but use sensative,hope this helps,also you could try a hair removal mit
  • Posted

Hi Jackie,

I'm so sorry to hear you feel like this. I too have PCOS and lucky enough not to have any facial hair but my friend also suffers from PCOS and she also has a lot of facial hair. The only thing I would recommended is buying a at home laser hair remover. There not cheap but it may bring back your confidence and as they can get rid of unwanted hair and make the hair a lot finer. There is help out there Hun and it's even worth asking your GP for any tablets they could perhaps give you to balance out your hormones.

Please don't feel like you can't talk to your GP, there's a lot of women with the same problem and feel they can't speak to anyone. Send me private messages if you want chat.

Becky xx

• Posted

Hi, I know how you feel as I have this problem as well and I hate it with a passion, you need to stop shaving immediately as the skin thinks it is being attacked by the blades and makes the hair grow quicker and courser to protect the skin so please do stop shaving, some companies do a facial hair removal cream or try waxing/wax strips or try an epilator, I know these are more uncomfortable but if done correctly it pulls the hair out by the root causing it to take longer to grow back and it will eventually become thinner and lighter. good luck and try talking to your GP if you are concerned, they cannot tell anyone and they may be able to help, I honestly do know how awful it is and how embarrassing it is to actually how someone but trust me it makes you feel so much better to talk to someone about it smile xx

• Posted

Hey there, I have had PCOS for a few years now I am 35 and was diagnosed when I was 19 too. You feel like your world has ended, its horrible I know. I was slimmer when I was first diagnosed and then i gained about 5 stone and my hair on my face was worse.

Unfortunately weight does play a massive part in your symptoms. I was prescribed a facial cream once from my doctors but it did sting a bit im not sure I can find the name for it but I will look or call my doctors and come back to you. I have a home hair laser removal machine and its best thing I have every purchased, expensive but worth it.

Dont get me wrong it doesnt get rid of it forever but it certaininly makes a difference and slows the growth down and once you have used it regularly you can then go to using it maybe once a month or even every 2 months but at first I have to use it weekly for about 12 weeks to really get the treatments working.

If there is anything else I can help you with please ask. I do read a lot of books about PCOS x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.