Excessive flactulence whole family.

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have been suffering with stomach cramps and feeling sick and weak for the past two years with no diagnosis. however as of recent about two months now i have suddenly been experiencing excessive flatulence (all day) and so have my 2 year old son , my daughter and their dad. i had my appendix out 2 weeks ago as that became inflamed. i have been to the doctors and they have no clue what is going on they keep putting it down to food but my son doesnt eat the same food as me and my daughter still has milk.

it is becoming very frustrating and embarasing

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey Anna, I am sorry about your condition. I can imagine how it must feel. My advise to you and from personal experience will be to try taking some probiotics. These are healthy healthy bacteria that help to improve and support digestion, urinary tract and overall gut health. These bacteria are actually great when it comes to various digestion related problems like the one you are describing. These good bacteria fight other bacteria that make us sick, support digestion and the absorption of nutrients and they also boost overall health and well being by supporting gut health.

Some foods like yogurs, kefir and fermented milks are rich in probiotics. But I would recommend you use probiotic supplements. Mine was called Flourish Probiotics by Eu Natural. I would suggest you have a look.

And drink lots of water too.

• Posted

Like Pippa says, start a food diary and eliminate foods one by one to see which ones you can and can't tolerate. Have you had any lower gi's? A colonoscopy? I would investigate with a Gastro Dr. this is their specialty. If anyone knows, it's them.

• Posted

Hi anna57692

Have you all been tested for parasites. It seems odd that you had it first for 2 years and now the whole family has the same problem. Ask your doctor to for parasites in the stool of all your family....as you say it cannot be down to food as your son has milk only explain this to your doctor. Parasites can be passed from one person to another in various ways as you are all in close proximity to one another. Make an appointment as soon as you can...

• Posted

sorry ......'to test for parasites in the stool of all your family'

• Posted

Being that it is the whole family I would have my water tested and then my house for mold . I would guess that it would be something in the house or something that the whole family is around.

• Posted

Sometimes you can get these problems after abdominal surgery. Some people can get IBS. Have your bowel habits changed?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.