Excessive gas due to stress?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone!

Been having some problems with my stomach lately, I sometimes have a light discomfort under my left rib, this discomfort comes and goes and I've had it for about 3 months now, I have also been having a excessive amount of gas (mostly in the morning) and some stomach cramps once in a while, this is also sometimes accompanied by a light headache.

Could it be stress causing this? been having a lot of anxiety since I have been struggling with frequent urination which my doctor guessing is because of OAB.

Had a number of test like urine test, x-ray of kidney and bladder, blood test, Cystoscopy and now a CT scan of the abdomen, everything was fine, except from a small amount of blood in my urine

Am I being crazy or do I have a reason to be worried?

I'm a 28 year old man.

Much appreciated

Thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Stress can cause all these symptoms and they sound like IBS which can be caused by stress. Excessive urination is an IBS symptom. What is OAB?

• Posted

Thanks, would make sense since I'm having this symptoms all at once.

OAB: Overactive bladder.

• Edited

If it's on left side and also you also feels discomfort around chest area ( which can confuse you with heart problem), then more doubt should go on your stomach. My personal opinion is , stress does cause stomach issues but not at this level. It could be stomach infection or lifestyle problem.

• Posted

Went to doctor today and he suggested IBS as well, will have another blood test and a stool sample.

Thanks for the answers!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.