EXCESSIVE GAS WHICH REFUSES TO DISPERSE OUT?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 73 and have IBS at times & a looping colon. IBS

comes & goes. it is unpredictable. I get spasms in my stomach. If I'm lying down - my stomach will actually be pulsating because it is having mild spasms.

NO MATTER WHAT I EAT - hours later (like clockwork) I begin to build up EXCESSIVE AMOUNTS OF GAS in my stomach. It is as annoying as hell. What is even worse is the Gas WILL JUST SIT IN MY STOMACH & refuse to come out no matter what I do. IT JUST STUBBORNLY SITS IN MY STOMACH & DRIVES ME NUTS. I have to walk around with a distended stomach full of gas which refuses to come out.

QUESTIONS:

1) How can I mitigate all this gas from building up in my stomach in the first place.

2) How can I get the (sitting gas which won't come out) to somehow, someway get the hell out of my stomach?

CONCLUSION

It is so terribly uncomfortable and can be very embarrassing. I am totally frustrated with all this EXCESSIVE GAS BUILD UP.

WHAT CAN ONE DO TO FIGHT THIS TERRIBLE AFFLICTION?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I know what you feel as i have the same problem too. I noticed it happened after my ablation my stomach seems to be spasm. Too mich gas and what i usually do is bend forward or if that dont work bend to my left side. I have been given lanzaprozole but that is some serious next level tablet for gastritis and i left it. I take ranitidine 150mg its works very goodsmile. Did you have ablation for your af too by any chance?
    • Posted

1) I have not had ablation yet. I've heard so many conflicting personal stories about it, that I have yet to make up my mind. Rather do it with Meds that really work.

2) GAS

I will check the Ranitidine which you mentioned. I will try anything to eliminate excessive gas.

Thank You for your feed back.

• Posted

No probs. hope you get well, i want to be honest to you but in all honesty no meds will actually stop af maybe convert bk yh but would not go away. I had ablation and did everything i could that would normally trigger it and no it does not trigger. I would say go for it but its your call .
  • Posted

A product called Kolanticon Gel could help, it contains a great Antispasmodic (Dicycloverine) and an Antiflatulent (Simethicone), you just have a slug out of the bottle (or you can follow the instructions), yeah you can just buy it at the Chemist, they may need to order it in for you.

Yes it's very good smile

• Posted

Have you been checked out for Coeliac disease?

• Posted

TKU for feedback. I had a Colonoscopy & the only thing they found was a "Looping Colon" which up until the diagnosis- I had never, ever heard of before. A Looping Colon?

TKU

• Posted

May be try avoiding Gluten for a few days and see if that makes any difference.

When my AF gets going it makes me burp and bring up wind but none of the doctors takes any notice of this side effect.

I have to say a looping colon's got me beat!

• Posted

This might sound  little off, but, the last time you were on an antibiotic, you may have wiped out the "good" bacteria in your gut and are left with a batch of little gassers.  I would try to go to a vitamin shop or drug store and get probiotics that restore your normal gut flora.  Perhaps a pharmacist could assist you in which ones to take.

Those gut bacteria play a huge role in our digestive systems and, if they are out of whack, all hell can break loose, as it seems is the situation with you. Gut bacteria also can influence heart rythms.

Frank 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.